No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service, No Gas, No Nothin'

Old abandoned Pure Oil station near here.....

002-tar-bw.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very nice image of a Service station from days gone by. I think the title is cool for this shot. :smile:

I remember those days too Alan. Because I used to work at one of those full service places where we used to check everybody's oil, wash their windows and fill em up.

Another one for the book Alan.

By the way, I used to work in a filling station in London when I was a kid, during school holidays. We were taught that when you change the oil for a customer (a frequent thing in those days), leave a little back in the can. Top up an nice clean empty can with the leavings until its full so that every sixth can or so is free, and the takings for it can go straight in your pocket. I was told "nobody really loses." :eek: :confused:

Such dishonesty has haunted me ever since. I think I did it twice, and made the price of a packet of Benson & Hedges probably.

Shhh. Don't tell anyone.

Wow Alan, this one is truly excellent, love the building and the angle you shot it with those trees in the background just adding to it... Great work mate...
It's such a pity to see these beautiful building just left to rot...

Gorgeous on every level, Alan. Abandoned places like that are a favorite subject of mine and the's no shortage around here.

Wonderful shot, Alan! There used to be one or two of the stations with that old architecture around here, but they're all gone now. Intriguing design and a lovely presentation which you have captured in this delightful image. Once again, you've used your fine eye to find the best angle and choose interesting processing. Really well done! Love it!

Latest threads

Top Bottom