Noah...four yr old portraits

Discussion in 'People' started by Gr8Tr1x, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Noah and his parents go to our church. I usually shoot his special occasions like birthdays, and holiday pictures. We finally got around to doing his 4 yr old portraits today, and he was quite a handfull (my best shots were between him overacting and making huge grins and closing his eyes). It may be a few years before he settles back down again, but anyway, here is a sample of what I did today.

BTW, it is not recommended to give a 4 yr old Cheez-its during mid-shoot snacktime. Photoshopping Cheez-its out of a 4 yr olds grill isn't that much fun.

I shot these with the D200 and 105mm VR.

147700332-L.

147702053-L.

147702871-L.

147704365-L.

2. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Man....I can just imagine what a handful he must have been. I shot Christmas photo's of some children back in November and I had that same problem with the mid-shoot snack. The keepers were from later in the session and by that time the littlest one was covered in goldfish crumbs. another learning experience.:smile:

These are very good though. #'s 1 and 4 are excellent and ought to make the family very happy. What a handsome young man too!

3. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thanks, Stuart.

4. That's a 4 year old!!

I know what you mean 4 year olds can be a challenge but you have done a great job!! We sometimes forget that they have a short attention span and we have to get into their world wherever that might be.:biggrin: What lighting were you using?

Sarah

5. love the first one, it reminds me of a painting.

6. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Sarah, I used two sb600 in umbrellas and a third sb600 as a hairlight for the studio shots. Outdoors, I just used the sb800 on the camera for fill.

Thanks, Laura.

7. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very nice Joshua. I'm sure his parents are way happy with these.

8. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thanks Fred. I am reasonably happy with them...I'm sure his parents will love them though. I feel like my exposures are good, and technically they are fine, but they aren't all that interesting to look at.