Noise reduction software?

I know there is Noise Ninja - is it worth paying for? Any other choices I should look into? If they're easy to use, big plus.

I have used NeatImage for some time, but switched to Noiseware Pro (Imagenomic) about 1.5 years ago, because it is 3 times as fast and (IMO) preserves detail better.

Cheers

Owning a D300... do you really need a noise reduction software??:eek:

Rui

SB-800, TC Kenko Pro300 1.4, Manfrotto 190MF4+804RC Head

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

Owning a D300... do you really need a noise reduction software??:eek:

Rui

You do when you shoot at ISO 400, NR doesn't kick in until 800 and if you are in low light noise happens in 400. :biggrin: dare I show you my PB and J?:biggrin:

A good way to get rid of noise is to do a surface blur in the seperate channels. It removes the noise in the BG but keeps the subject decently sharp. I can't remember where I saw it, it was probably on Radiant Vista but you select the channel then do a surface blur. Use the slider so that the noise is reduced but don't go to far as to blur the subject. Do that for all three channels. If there is too much blur in the subject then use the history brush to bring back the sharpness.

It doesn't work on all images, but it's quick and easy if you make it an action.

M

Mark in St. Louis

One more vote for Neat Image but I know very little and have nothing to compare it to other than not using it.

I got NoiseWare for $50 , I love it. I shoot a lot at ISO 400 and sometimes indoors, so I sometimes want to have smoother shades/shadows, especially on babies/kids so their skin looks as smooth as I remembered them.

I've had luck with Neat Image also. Just don't take the defaults. The "advanced" feature is pretty interesting.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom