Noise test d2hs - d2h - fuji s3

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by alex from holland, Sep 21, 2005.

1. --Hi all,

I did some work on a noise test with the above mentioned camera's.

Why ? because i am surprised how good the d2hs performs in WB/Colours/noise. This is a real undervalued camera.

before you start making comments how this was done.
    I DON'T want to start a troll.
    I don't want to bash any camera.
    I know there is some slight difference in expore and colour.
    I just want to share some information with you.
    Why these three ? Because i own them at this moment. Just as simple as that.

There isn't any bad camera. The man/woman behind it makes the picture.

Here's the link to pbase where i posted them in full size, so they are to big to post over here.

http://www.pbase.com/alex28/noise_test_d2hs_d2h_fujis3

2. Thanks for posting your noise tests of the three cameras. It does show that the D2Hs is an improvement over its older sibling. I wanted to point out that you have mislabled the top right (series of three) image. You have D2hs listed twice when it should have shown D2H.

3. Alex,
    Your introduction is very thoughtful. Fortunately we all pride ourselves on not trolling or starting arguments (intentionally, at least!). You've done a lot of hard work. Nice job!

Rich

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I have to agree with Gordon and Rich on this one Alex. I did a very non-scientific comparison of macro lenses a couple of months ago, and while most folks were appreciative, I did get a few 'it ain't valid because...' comments.

It just so happens that I am considering whether to get a D2H or a D2Hs, and my primary concern is the noise from the D2H (I have one already). Your report is very timely, very useful to me, and very appreciated. :smile:

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for taking the time to put together the information on the three camera bodies and how they handle ISO noise issues. Great information for all who are interested in buying pro gear.

6. Alex

WOW, the shadow detail on that S3 is outstanding! :eek:

Perhaps you could compare the S3 to your new D2X sometime. :biggrin:

Thanks again for posting this
    JohnG