1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Noisy minor

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Dunnart, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Hi folks

I don't take wildlife photos often, but I snapped this one yesterday afternoon when walking the dogs. I used a D2h, 300 f4, handheld. Its not perfectly sharp, but I'm pretty happy with my effort as I have trouble keeping this gear combination still when I press the shutter.

The image has been sharpened and cropped in Aperture before exporting. The original is a little sharper.

This species hangs around in larger groups and is very successful at hanging on in small remnant patches of bush, so much so, they can exclude many smaller species. Oh, and they are noisy :) 

Anyway, not a lot of Australian fauna gets posted here, so I thought you might like to see something different.

NIKON D2H    ---    300mm    f/8.0    1/180s    ISO 400

2. nice Steve, please keep at it until you get hooked!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.