Nomi Whalen

Discussion in 'People' started by Phyer Phyter, Apr 27, 2007.

1. This is Nomi Whalen. She is the widow of a well known Canadian Sports Broadcaster, Ed Whalen. I think anyone from Canada would recognise the phrase... "In the mean time and in between time, this has been another edition of Stampede Wrestling" Anyway she performed my sinister in laws wedding a couple years ago. A very interesting woman of native decent. Very grounded, very talented. One of the most unique people I have ever met.
    This info I cut an pasted from her website:
    Nomi is a multi-faceted woman.

She is a former High School teacher, a former member of Calgary’s City Council, a charter member of Alberta’s Human Rights Commission and a recipient of many commendations and community awards.

A continuing involvement with her community along with her many weddings has given her a well known public persona. She was married to much - loved Calgary broadcaster, Ed Whalen , and is mother of five children and nine grandchildren.

She is a skier, golfer, published author, public speaker and facilitator and a working artist (juried member, Federation of Canadian Artists). Marrying people is her passion and her many happy couples testify to that with great enthusiasm

Below is a candid shot I took when I shot their wedding. She is having a little chat with Rob a few minutes before the wedding.

475174165_b311a59a8c_b.

Comments always welcome and encouraged.

2. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Nice capture of a very interesting woman.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent image

4. She looks like a VERY interesting woman.