Nominate a Thread for Front Page Feature

Your choice, I much much prefer his out of focus Christmas tree lights in post 5. Just put your choice up.
I agree with you, Wade. To me, that particular B&W wholly OOF image really offers the eye nowhere to land and it gives me the urge to call my ophthalmologist's office right now to make an appointment to see if the cataract developing on one eye is all of a sudden getting significantly worse.... Deliberately shot and edited OOF images are tricky, that's for sure! The image with the OOF colored Christmas lights works for me because there is some definition to the image, the eye can pause and view, and it makes sense.... I should add that I often have trouble with a lot of images shot with Lensbaby devices, too, as many of them produce images which are soft all over, not just pleasantly blurred with bokeh in certain places with there still being a visual "anchor" to which the eye can connect. Our minds and our eyes are instinctively looking for someplace to make a connection.

Last edited:
perfect ending for 2020, too.
very little in 2020 has been crystal-clear, eh?
I wasn't smart or clever enough to think of that. I simply like this image a lot and I gave specific reasons in the thread where Bart posted it. I realize this style isn't a mainstream style but that fact in itself doesn't make the image any less worthwhile.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
And this space is reserved for nominations and the teams response to said nominations, but I guess I opened my mouth and said my preference, but hey, my apologies on that, but normally we do not place images for feature located way down in a thread, but I also respect a nomination from members whose taste and choices may be different. Hence why I went ahead and posted it anyway.

For the record, I only said I like x image in his thread vs the nominated one. I did not say it was bad or flawed.

so no more discussion on quality of image please.

Last edited:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
I didn't realize that. If I had, I wouldn't have nominated it. That's good information to know for the future.

Just out of curiosity, what is rationality of typically placing images that appear only near the beginning of the thread?
generally it is usually because the threads are sometimes not started by the original poster, or you loose the context of reading the thread from start to end, An example may be “share your favorite blank image” a Surprisingly large number of folks click on the featured image from the homepage. But in this case since he started thread and continued posting images it was fine to do. After all, we don’t have a specific rule about it... at least not written, ;) only our unwritten ones, ha! Problem only comes up in multi image threads with many posters usually.

generally it is usually because the threads are sometimes not started by the original poster, or you loose the context of reading the thread from start to end, An example may be “share your favorite blank image” a Surprisingly large number of folks click on the featured image from the homepage. But in this case since he started thread and continued posting images it was fine to do. After all, we don’t have a specific rule about it... at least not written, ;) only our unwritten ones, ha! Problem only comes up in multi image threads with many posters usually.
I think Mike needs to go and rinse his mouth out with a suitable red wine. All will be forgiven--probably!
Wade, thanks for putting up with all us heathens. You do great stuff for the Café.
Cheers.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
I would like to nominate Karen’s zebra photo in this thread. https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/my-annual-top-10-pictures.325753/
See above my quoted post

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom