Nominate a Thread for Front Page Feature (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Amin
Please reply to this thread with a link to any thread you would like to nominate to be featured on our site front page.

Please provide links to any threads you nominate, and nominate only one thread at a time.

Only the first post of the thread will be shown on the front page, so don't nominate the 10th post in a thread. Featured threads must have one or more images in the first post of the thread.

Threads can be featured by any of the admins or moderators. We will keep an eye on the nominations here in addition to featuring threads which we come across in the forums.

This thread will be stickied in the Help & Feedback forum.

***updated by Commodorefirst with our flexible “rules“ for nominating***

Usual unwritten rules apply for feature image: A member may not have more than one image in the top 9 images, we tend to have a few days to a week between new images, and anyone can nominate an image for feature. Nominate here in this thread or drop Commodorefirst a note via conversation if you are shy.

Also note we always try and put our best foot forward and nominate the best images on the cafe, while trying to avoid a plethora of only one type of image. Images nominated should be from a thread from the photographer that features the image in the first post, not from a showcase or image thread with multiple images from many different individuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Amin
@rbsinto - I forgot to mention (will add now to the first post), please provide links to any threads you nominate and nominate only one thread at a time. Also, featured threads must have one or more images in the first post of the thread.

@rbsinto - I forgot to mention (will add now to the first post), please provide links to any threads you nominate and nominate only one thread at a time. Also, featured threads must have one or more images in the first post of the thread.
Amin,
Well if I can only nominate one thread at a time, I'd like it to be Lens Lust: Nikon Manual Focus Lenses, but the problem is, the first post in the thread doesn't have the requisite three photos in it, which according to your stated criterion means it could never be used, and I'll be stuck looking at bird and landscape photos on the Front Page for all eternity. Thus I can only assume I must have been a very bad person in a previous life.
Robert

Real Name
Amin
I'd like it to be Lens Lust: Nikon Manual Focus Lenses, but the problem is, the first post in the thread doesn't have the requisite three photos in it

I never said it has to have three photos. I said it has to have one or more photos. It can just have one.

I also asked you to post a link, not just a thread title. The moderators do enough work without having to search to find the thread you mean.

These are not steep requirements. It is not difficult for members to post street or documentary threads with a photo in the first post. If no one is doing that, the solution is to encourage people to make posts like that. One way of doing so is to lead by example.

Last edited:
Real Name
Amin
I think Robert has a valid point. Almost half our features have been bird photos and many of the remainder scenics. Would be great to have more variety. But if we want more street and documentary getting featured, the way to have that is to post and nominate more street and documentary threads.

Last edited:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
according to your stated criterion means it could never be used, and I'll be stuck looking at bird and landscape photos on the Front Page for all eternity.
Robert

Actually we only require a single image, and so far I think 6/15 images aren't birds or scapes, when I just checked today.

On this forum we have been privileged to enjoy some absolutely stunning photos of birds -- and, yes, while some people may not appreciate them all that much, for others many of these images present the visually "wow!" factor right out of the gate. Although on the surface they may seem to be, in reality they're not all that easy to capture, either.....(voice of experience here!). There is a lot of skill, learning and more learning, patience (infinite patience at times!) and downright good timing which goes into these images. They should not be casually disregarded, dismissed or cast aside just because they are pretty. Sure, these images are gorgeous, just as the birds themselves are, but capturing those images really isn't as easy as simply pressing the shutter button at any given moment.

We and others looking at the home page should be viewing a variety of other images on that page, too -- and gritty street images showing the realities of today's society -- much of which is not pretty or nice at all and can be downright cruel, never mind disturbing to view, are important to photograph and share as part of our reality as human beings on this planet. We all need to see these to be reminded that as humans we are not always kind to one another and that not everyone's life is comfortable, safe and filled with love.

Also, recently I have seen some amazing photos displaying athletlic and artistic prowess -- and these, too, deserve some "front page" time. From football players to baseball players to figure skaters on the ice rink....some of our members are really skilled at capturing images of these people in action. Again, front-page material!

Good photos tell a story....and here on NikonCafe we have a lot of stories to share through our images.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom