Nominate a Thread for Front Page Feature (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that a front page nomination is a form of recognition from ones peers here at the Café, and as such it should be the choice of the people doing the nomination who should pick the featured image. Having several images in one thread makes it likely that we will click on the featured one and then see the others.
As for CS and Meme threads, they feature the works of many, and I will admit that many of my images are not my best and certainly should not be featured just because the are in a thread with fabuos work from others.

It can be macro photography but it doesn't have to be that. Prior to doing drop art photography which is always macro photography, very few of my tabletop photos involved a macro lens.
Macro to me just means smaller than a breadbox and detailed. It doesn't matter about the lens. But we can agree to disagree, or as I said my definition of what I call macro may be wrong, but it is how I think.
I take a lot of flower pics, which I think are macro, using everything from 35mm to 500mm.
I take portraits with my macro lens, yet they are not macro.
I take close up flower pictures with my 85mm 1.4, which is a portrait lens- but they are not portraits.
Sorry, I should have just called your image a tabletop image. Whatever we call it, it is a wonderful image.
gary

Why not ask the most interested party: Gorec?

My answer to that question is very simple: If I knew the photographer could choose which photo he wanted to be displayed, I wouldn't bother nominating any photos. I would instead nominate the photographer and then let him choose the photograph he wanted displayed. That doesn't seem to be the purpose of the current selection process for photos displayed on the home page.

Real Name
Randy
My answer to that question is very simple: If I knew the photographer could choose which photo he wanted to be displayed, I wouldn't bother nominating any photos. I would instead nominate the photographer and then let him choose the photograph he wanted displayed. That doesn't seem to be the purpose of the current selection process for photos displayed on the home page.
You do have a way of sayings that I like

Macro to me just means smaller than a breadbox and detailed. It doesn't matter about the lens. But we can agree to disagree, or as I said my definition of what I call macro may be wrong, but it is how I think.
I take a lot of flower pics, which I think are macro, using everything from 35mm to 500mm.
I take portraits with my macro lens, yet they are not macro.
I take close up flower pictures with my 85mm 1.4, which is a portrait lens- but they are not portraits.
Sorry, I should have just called your image a tabletop image. Whatever we call it, it is a wonderful image.
gary

I often use my 100-400mm as a closeup/"pseudo macro" lens, too, and also occasionally shoot closeups with my fast 85 f/1.8 lens or even the 35mm f/1.8. Once in a while, today being an example, I grabbed the RX10 IV, which is the "bridge"/"superzoom" camera with a 24-600mm lens on it, to do some experimenting with closeup shots in a different way, too.... Prior to purchasing the A7R IV I used the RX10 IV a lot for closeups, but it's a bit awkward sometimes because one can't get all that physically close to the subject, due to the minimum focal distance. It does work nicely when one doesn't want to get too close, sometimes due to causing shadows and such when they aren't wanted.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
AIEEEEE!!!!! WOW!!!!! Thanks, Terri, and thanks, Wade!!! I'm really honored......

Terri, that is a great description of the image, too: "both chaotic and harmonious...." When I shot it and when I later looked at it in the computer I knew I liked it but couldn't quite put a finger on what it is about this image which is so compelling, but I just knew there was something about it which captured and held my interest. . Your words perfectly describe just why.....

I didn't mean as a general rule obviously, Mike.
Just in this particular case.

I didn't mean as a general rule obviously, Mike.
Just in this particular case.

I still have fundamentally the same response when it is limited to this particular case. I nominated the image in question, so I wouldn't want either the photographer or another nominator to have the power to replace the image I nominated. The issue isn't tremendously important to me but if it happened I wouldn't be happy about it.

I still have fundamentally the same response when it is limited to this particular case. I nominated the image in question, so I wouldn't want either the photographer or another nominator to have the power to replace the image I nominated. The issue isn't tremendously important to me but if it happened I wouldn't be happy about it.
I see.
It's clear now, Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom