Nominate a Thread for Front Page Feature (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
It would, but it sure would be great to see a picture of Randy featured on the front page.
However, we have never done that for anyone in the past, including Frank Flew when he passed and he was the owner, Also, the featured images on the home page is for an image posted by a photog, to garner support for the image and recognition of the quality of the image, not a general thread.

however, I certainly think that a thread started in general, or somewhere else, containing Randy’s images could readily be inserted as a link in Colin’s initial post. Question is, permission to use images of deceased as a memorial probably ok, but featuring said thread and selecting an image from another and then containing various images from different photog runs into the same issue.

regardless, I am not making any singular decisions and the mod admin team will be discussing this I assure you.

Thanks.

However, we have never done that for anyone in the past, including Frank Flew when he passed and he was the owner, Also, the featured images on the home page is for an image posted by a photog, to garner support for the image and recognition of the quality of the image, not a general thread.

however, I certainly think that a thread started in general, or somewhere else, containing Randy’s images could readily be inserted as a link in Colin’s initial post. Question is, permission to use images of deceased as a memorial probably ok, but featuring said thread and selecting an image from another and then containing various images from different photog runs into the same issue.

regardless, I am not making any singular decisions and the mod admin team will be discussing this I assure you.

Thanks.
I'm on the same page as you are! I understand.

Since is a Nikon forum, why just not Nikon equipment photo.
Would be nice to start a challenge, with subject Nikon Equipment, at the end we vote and the winner will be honored to have the picture on this beautiful forum front page

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Since is a Nikon forum, why just not Nikon equipment photo.
Would be nice to start a challenge, with subject Nikon Equipment, at the end we vote and the winner will be honored to have the picture on this beautiful forum front page
Appreciate your thoughts, however, our feature page is simply peer nomination via this thread or private message. We have a few “rules” noted below, Also, while we are the Nikon cafe, all camera brands, types and bodies are welcome including phone and iPad that have been taken by the member.

Usual unwritten rules apply for feature image: A member may not have more than one image in the top 9 images, we tend to have a few days to a week between new images, and anyone can nominate an image for feature. Nominate here in this thread or drop Commodorefirst a note via conversation if you are shy.

Also note we always try and put our best foot forward and nominate the best images on the cafe, while trying to avoid a plethora of only one type of image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom