Non-CPU Lens data Setup

I'm new to Nikon cameras, I've been using Olympus 4/3 and Canon film cameras. I have a couple of legacy Canon FD lens I like to use on my z6ii. One lens is a 70-200 f4.0, zoom. It's not oblivious how to setup zoom lens in the data set.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Tom

I don't have a Z but it's likely you can only specify a single focal length and a corresponding max. aperture. Of the two, the aperture is the most important since it affects exposure, so make sure it's correct. Assign whatever focal length helps you identify the lens. If you have more than one f4, they can all use the same setting.

Real Name
Andrew
Focal length is important if you are planning on using IBIS. The more accurate the focal length, the more effective the IBIS will be.

70-200 is a large range, so id consider changing the focal length at 70, 125 and 200 of relying on IBIS. Otherwise, I’d switch IBIS off when using a zoom lens.

gryphon1911,
I was wondering if the IBIS could be affected! In blindly stumbling around to get things to work, it somehow was turned off! Now, I think I know how it happened! Great suggest on using multiple focal lengths.
Thank you!!

Real Name
Andrew
gryphon1911,
I was wondering if the IBIS could be affected! In blindly stumbling around to get things to work, it somehow was turned off! Now, I think I know how it happened! Great suggest on using multiple focal lengths.
Thank you!!
i learned this important fact when adapting Nikon AI lenses onto my Olympus micro four thirds cameras.
The smaller sensor is more forgiving when stabilization is concerned. So, more care is needed with a larger sensor stabilization.

it can be done, but running a zoom lens can be annoying, shifting focal lengths constantly.

i learned this important fact when adapting Nikon AI lenses onto my Olympus micro four thirds cameras.
The smaller sensor is more forgiving when stabilization is concerned. So, more care is needed with a larger sensor stabilization.

it can be done, but running a zoom lens can be annoying, shifting focal lengths constantly.
Shifting focal lengths, I figured that would be an issue. Addressable though. Have you used any of your Olympus lenses on the Nikon? I have 50mm f/2 macro Olympus that I was thinking about trying on the Z6ii. A fully functional adapter would be great!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom