Non damselfly pics from Thursday

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by SSchex, Jun 29, 2007.

1. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Here are some other shots from my trip Thursday. D-200, nikon 300 f/4 , Nikon PN-11 extension tube, Tripod and release.

Buckeye

original.

Blue Dasher waiting for a damsel to fly by...

View attachment 103430

Unknown Dragonfly

View attachment 103431

2. Excellent shots!

Very beautiful butterfly! Beautiful colors, beautiful light...

#2 has a great feeling of morning. Light looks like a beautiful morning... Was it shot in the morning light? :smile:

#3 I like the soft light, I like that "frosty" look that early morning shots has... night moisture(?)... (sorry, speak no inglese :smile:)

You know Ronnie... I was wondering awhile back when he said something like, wind finally stopped, so it´s bug season for next 6 months... Is it really no wind for 6 months in there?

3. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Thanks Jukka.

Yes, I shot from daybreak for about 2 hours.

Yes, this was very early, it was still on it's night perch.

Yes, there is usually no wind early in the morning at this time, but it's HOT!!!

4. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Love that Buckeye, Scott. I have not yet seen any this year. I have a few photos of them with folded wings, but no top views:frown:. Maybe this will be the year:smile:.

5. bobarue

bobarue

Aug 9, 2005
    Louisiana
    The Buckeye looks great and I also like the dew on the third guy.

6. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Thanks for the comment Bob. I wish this one had picked a better spot to pose, but I couldn't pass up the open wings.

7. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Thanks Bobarue.

8. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Excellent shots Scott.

Like Jukka I love the soft morning light on these. And the dew drops adds to the beauty of the shots. Guess I have to get up early. :eek:

9. Great stuff again Scott.

Alex

10. Excellent shots, Scott. The buckeye really shines!

Cheers

11. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Thanks for commenting, Torben, Alex and Harry.

12. The buckeye really jumps out, nicely done, and great job getting all the detail on the wings.

13. I think that you should show this picture to a dragonfly expert in your area. Had you not been in Louisiana then I would have said that it was a Brimstone Clubtail, Stylurus intricatus, but they are on generally found in your state however this is nothing to go by, especially if you have had strong winds blowing from the western part of the Southern United States.

Bob F.

14. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Thanks Bob. I have tried IDing it from some local photographers, but I am not sure. It seems to be a clubtail of some sort.