Non-Nikon manual focus lenses - Part II

EXIF states Bart’s last three posts were made with lenses adapted to a Sony A72. Similar results would be possible on a Nikon Z6.
Thank you, Andy--kind of you to assist me: I'm not on a home PC these days and I cannot grab EXIF like I once could. Best, jt

Thanks, JT!

Andy, @acnomad, is right. I bought a sony a7ii when the price was going down and a cash back on top. Just before the a7iii was about to appear.
Had there been a Nikon mirrorless at that time - at a comparable price, I would have most likely have gone for Nikon.
With a dumb m42 adaptor, this is great way to revive the lenses from that area. Plentiful available.

The build of the Tair is really good. Really enjoyable to use and with pleasing results.
Rather big and heavy though for a 135mm lens.
We have a dedicated thread for this lens on the forum: https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/kmz-tair-11a-135mm-f-2-8.313056/
Seems there is a way to use it on Nikon F-mount cameras as well: Klaus does.
When I read your introductory sentence, here: "Since Nikon has its own mirrorless cameras now, I suppose any version of a manual focus lens can be considered for this thread...….." I mistakenly assumed this meant you bought into a Nikon mirrorless camera. I do recall, sometime back, you letting us know you bought into Sony mirrorless, but, particularly given the rate @ which some of the forum members buy & sell gear, I figured you too grabbed a mirrorless Nikon to complement the DF you own. Anyway, good to be caught up on things--always love your incredible work. Best, jt

Mamiya 150mm/2.8+ D810
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
James
I like the color rendering here. SOOC, or have you improved it in post?
Thank you. I did a crop to the right to cut off a little of the road but except for that I have not done much else that I can think of. I am really loving the Leica fit Voigtlanders on the Z7 and also the old Jupiter LTM lenses are also great on it. The seem sharper than on my Leica M9 and just as easy to focus so much so that I sold my M9 and have no desire to replace it with another Leica.

A great performer.
I considered this one myself but it's rather large on a rangefinder.
Thank but I am not sure what you mean by large its only around 260g and on my M9 it was well balanced, same on the Z7, compared to say my 28mm Nikon f2.8 its feather weight. I would recommend it a lot, I think I picked mine up for around £80 boxed and looking like new. My only comment to it is there is some vignetting until you get to around f4 but that's fixable and not even something I care about as to me it's part of the lens character.

Some sample shots with 135mm Carl Zeiss MC Sonnar 3.5 (M42)

p3680556214-6.jpg

p3680555973-6.jpg

p3680555958-6.jpg

p3680555531-6.jpg

p3680555528-6.jpg

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom