Non-Nikon manual focus lenses - Part II

Lovely capture, Andy!

Is that an original trioplan or one from the "previously new" Meyer-Optic?
"previously new" because I read another company got hold of the name. Not of the commitments of the previous owner unfortunately.

I was expecting to do some landscapes at golden hour with my recently adapted Meyer-Optik lens but this little lady showed up...
View attachment 1642741

Real Name
Andy
Lovely capture, Andy!

Is that an original trioplan or one from the "previously new" Meyer-Optic?
"previously new" because I read another company got hold of the name. Not of the commitments of the previous owner unfortunately.
Thanks Bart. That image was made with one of the East German manufactured Orestor lenses from the 1960s to 70s. My copy came from the dusty shelves of a local camera shop and appears to be one of the later copies in Exakta mount with a six-bladed aperture, which makes it one of the later lenses, probably from about 1975. The earlier ones had 15 blades. In either case, it is not the modern revival of the Meyer-Optik 100mm lens offered in a recent Kickstarter campaign.

Thanks, Andy.
These old lenses are fun to use. I have some m42 lenses that I can use again on a mirrorless camera with an adaptor.
Best thing is that these m42 lenses are abundantly available and quite cheap. Still in good condition thanks to the use of strong materials.

Thanks Bart. That image was made with one of the East German manufactured Orestor lenses from the 1960s to 70s. My copy came from the dusty shelves of a local camera shop and appears to be one of the later copies in Exakta mount with a six-bladed aperture, which makes it one of the later lenses, probably from about 1975. The earlier ones had 15 blades. In either case, it is not the modern revival of the Meyer-Optik 100mm lens offered in a recent Kickstarter campaign.

Since Nikon has its own mirrorless cameras now, I suppose any version of a manual focus lens can be considered for this thread.
A Russian lens of a nice build and supposed to have little sample variation. It was manufactured in the same factory during its production life.
The Tair-11A 135mm f/2.8 in M42 mount.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Carl Zeiss Ultron 50mm f/1.8 in M42 mount.

p3583305585-6.jpg

p3583305363-6.jpg

p3583304974-6.jpg

p3583304595-6.jpg

p3583305808-6.jpg

Last edited:
Schneider Kreuznach Edixa-Xenon 50mm f/2.8 in M42 mount.
One of the properties of this lens is providing vivid saturated colours.
So far, I tend to agree.

Since Nikon has its own mirrorless cameras now, I suppose any version of a manual focus lens can be considered for this thread.
A Russian lens of a nice build and supposed to have little sample variation. It was manufactured in the same factory during its production life.
The Tair-11A 135mm f/2.8 in M42 mount.

View attachment 1645743

View attachment 1645744

View attachment 1645745

View attachment 1645746
Hey there Bart Simpson (LOL)--what a treat to login in & see these splendid samples form the Tair 135, also known as the lens with infinite blades. But, seriously, the colors, sharpness and, in particular, bokeh are so sweeeeeeet! You did so great job introducing this gem! Can you kindly tell us on which Nikon mirrorless body these were done? Also, I would most certainly have owned this Tair by now, but was not good with it on my (now ancient) D700. I love my D700, & hate to buy a new camera body just to accommodate another lens, even if it is this lens. I do have a Fuji body, but would much prefer shooting this gem on an FX body. So, I huess the most important question is this: how do you like the Tair? jt

Thanks, JT!

Andy, @acnomad, is right. I bought a sony a7ii when the price was going down and a cash back on top. Just before the a7iii was about to appear.
Had there been a Nikon mirrorless at that time - at a comparable price, I would have most likely have gone for Nikon.
With a dumb m42 adaptor, this is great way to revive the lenses from that area. Plentiful available.

The build of the Tair is really good. Really enjoyable to use and with pleasing results.
Rather big and heavy though for a 135mm lens.
We have a dedicated thread for this lens on the forum: https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/kmz-tair-11a-135mm-f-2-8.313056/
Seems there is a way to use it on Nikon F-mount cameras as well: Klaus does.

Hey there Bart Simpson (LOL)--what a treat to login in & see these splendid samples form the Tair 135, also known as the lens with infinite blades. But, seriously, the colors, sharpness and, in particular, bokeh are so sweeeeeeet! You did so great job introducing this gem! Can you kindly tell us on which Nikon mirrorless body these were done? Also, I would most certainly have owned this Tair by now, but was not good with it on my (now ancient) D700. I love my D700, & hate to buy a new camera body just to accommodate another lens, even if it is this lens. I do have a Fuji body, but would much prefer shooting this gem on an FX body. So, I huess the most important question is this: how do you like the Tair? jt

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom