noob to IR, please critique [dial-up warning]

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by obelix, Sep 14, 2005.

1. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Those are truly beautiful..
    Boy you really turn out some great images.

Ps have not forgotten. Just really financially strapped with the car blowing an engine and having to get another. I will come through with the deal :>))

thanks

3. Hi Anand, thanks for sharing your IR image. Only critique is the shadow in the foreground of image #1.

4. Looks good, especially the panorama. Although I personally don't enjoy so much blue in IR. Did you play with the color channels? How are you processing these?

5. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks all.

Gale - no problem.

Gordon - appreciate the critique. That is silly me in the shadow :). I have to watch for that in future.

Christian - This is what I do.

1) Custom WB on grass with filter on.
    2) Open in NC
    3) Open in PS as 16 bit TIFF
    4) Swap Red and Blue Channels
    5) In Hue / Saturation, remove all magenta and play with other color channels.
    6) In selective color, pushed cyan component to actually push blue for the skies.
    7) Ran a digital velvia action.

I guess it did not work for you :(

6. Well, it doesn't have to work for me, haha. The b/w panorama is wonderful.

7. I notice you have the Tokina 12-24. I get a hot spot in the center of the image if stop down beyond f/5.6. I assume you see the same problem with this lens. I have an IRmod D70.

8. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Hmm, I don't use the tokina for IR actually. I use the D70 kit lens for IR.