1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nooksack Falls

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JustinD, Jul 14, 2008.

1. I had been wanting to try a "cotton candy" type of waterfall shot. So here's one I got today that I thought was decent.

nooksackfalls.

2. Nice first try.... How does the histogram look?

I PP'd a little to reduce the highlights... hope you don't mind... what do you think?

[​IMG]

3. Thanks, Leung. I'm not seeing a big difference on my monitor...I think the highlights are too completely blown to really do anything with them. I appreciate the effort though.

4. You might want to make sure you calibrate your monitor. The highlights are not bad... just had to tone it down a bit so that you can see contrast in the waters. :wink:

5. COTTON CANDY, right, justin
    that came out great

thanks for sharing

6. Thanks, Greg

7. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    Nice shot!! Where did you take that from? I'm in Bellingham and I've wanted to go shoot the Nooksack Falls, just not sure where the best place to go to get nice shots.

Carole

8. Thanks. As you drive out the Mt. Baker highway watch for a sign, five or six miles past Silver Lake, for a sign indicating the main area of Nooksack Falls. I took the above shot right from the bridge near the main parking lot area.

9. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    Thanks, Justin. I'm going to go to Artist Point at some time this summer, so I'll check that out too :) 

Carole

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.