1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nope, It's not UV

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by gofast, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Here's a shot I took a little while back.
    Hope you enjoy it, ohhh didn't do a chan swap on it.

[​IMG]

2. Looks pretty interesting. Care to share what post processing you did do on it?

3. I tried a higher arperture (f5.6) then my normal f11, converted from raw to tiff using nx2.
    After that I just ran CS3, auto-levels, contrast and color, then I bumped the exposure +1

4. We must be looking at two different pictures. I don't see how the steps you list above would have created that multi-tone image.

5. please delete...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  6. Howdy Medic,

He's shooting with a modded D100 for IR, which would explain why the images appear and process like they do.

Not UV, but IR.

7. Did you have the camera set to monochrome, or do you not have color where you live?:wink:

8. Ahhh, I misread the title to mean it wasn't an IR shot. That's what had me so confused.

9. It's a beautiful shot VP. I do wonder why the foliage looks so blue? Do you have a good WB set on your modified camera? I too shoot with a D100 that has been modified and my foliage comes out white without any channel swap. My comments are not meant to be critical as I like the shot a lot. Just looking for information.

10. Love this shot!

11. Gordon, first thank you. As to the color, I'm still a bit perplexed on that myself, I shot at a different aperture than normal, f/5.6 instead of my normal f/11. I didn't do any exposure compensation, as you can tell by the photo itself it was very cloudy, heck it was a bit on the dark side. Also used the beast since I sold off my 18-70 (thinking of buying one again), which I'm sure had a little to do with the shot and yes my wb is perfect as I have not had any problems with other shots. Shot was taken around 5pm. Unless the rotation of the earth and quantum physics had anything to do with the colors shown :rolleyes: 

Thank you Anthony!

Medic, I've about explained everything there was to this shot, can't offer anymore :frown:

12. Just to add one more thing, my camera was modded by lifepixels before they started offering their different versions of IR filters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.