Norman Rockwell Thanksgiving ........

Took an old black and white photo and tried to make a Norman Rockwell illustration. Wishing all of you a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving.

thanksgiving 1fin.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Absolutely love this Bob...excellent indeed...

Great work and super idea...

Is it possible to explain workflow please...would love to be able to try this...it looks so good Bob.

Very best wishes Ray

Absolutely love this Bob...excellent indeed...

Great work and super idea...

Is it possible to explain workflow please...would love to be able to try this...it looks so good Bob.

Very best wishes Ray

Thanks Ray, glad you enjoyed it. I think to get the Rockwell look, it starts with the photo ...certain photos just lend themselves to a Rockwell treatment. I wished there was an action for Photoshop that would achieve that look.....maybe someone here can make one or knows of one.

After I color the black and white photo, I start with LuisArt, Sculpture and Exposure. I then boost the color a little with Topaz Adjust. I use Topaz Simplify, Buzzsim. I put a couple layers of texture on this, one of them was a green color and that really make the image color look more like an illustration. I painted the whole image with Topaz Impressions .....using Impasto 1 and Monet 2. That's about it ..........give it a try, I'm sure you'll hit a home run with your talent and effort.

Thanks Ray, glad you enjoyed it. I think to get the Rockwell look, it starts with the photo ...certain photos just lend themselves to a Rockwell treatment. I wished there was an action for Photoshop that would achieve that look.....maybe someone here can make one or knows of one.

After I color the black and white photo, I start with LuisArt, Sculpture and Exposure. I then boost the color a little with Topaz Adjust. I use Topaz Simplify, Buzzsim. I put a couple layers of texture on this, one of them was a green color and that really make the image color look more like an illustration. I painted the whole image with Topaz Impressions .....using Impasto 1 and Monet 2. That's about it ..........give it a try, I'm sure you'll hit a home run with your talent and effort.

Thanks so much Bob...a lot of time and effort into these images and it really shows....excellent and a great tutorial......thank you so much.

I do not have some of the programs you mention so must see if there might be some alternatives ion photoshop CS6.....

LOVE your work Bob...

Best wishes as always

Ray

Latest threads

Top Bottom