Northern California

Real Name
Ken St John
My wife joined a bunch of her friends at a 80-s themed 50th birthday party for one of their friends ... as the only white guy with about 50 Filipino women in attendance, I was excused to go take some pictures!! Thankfully ....

We were staying in Sacramento and I drove up into the Sierra Nevadas and found some wonderful, if somewhat repetitive, scenery. Not enough time to get further away like Yosemite or Lassen Parks. A lot of the roads I took were simply alongside a stream or river with mountains on both sides. Here's a few of the things I saw:

I actually stayed at Beale AFB ... on the way into the Sierra's it looked pretty dry.
Cheri Coastline-421.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Most of the time, the scenery looked like this.
Cheri Coastline-525_DxO.jpg

Cheri Coastline-434_AuroraHDR2019-edit.jpg

Cheri Coastline-484_AuroraHDR2019-edit.jpg

At one point, there was a railroad paralleling the highway and it crossed over the river and the highway in a unique double bridge.
Cheri Coastline-595.jpg

On the way back to Beale, I did go through one of the areas hit hard by last year's fires. It was a desolate and striking view.
Cheri Coastline-676.jpg

There was some vegetation coming back, but a the fire's scars were evident. There were also some burned out homes and vehicles visible at times, but I just didn't feel right about grabbing images of other people's misery.

Our return trip along US101 was a bit more photogenic!!

Cheers and thanks for looking!!

Ken

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom