Northern Harrier

Hi Y'all,

For a few years now we have had a northern harrier hanging out at the wetlands. He has been a rather aggravating type as he makes frequent appearances but usually just outside decent shooting distance. A favorite move of his seemed to be to fly past my car's windshield and then as I scrambled out of the car to fly off giving me a marvelous view of his butt.

During the MI VI shoot he did his windhsield number again. Against my better judgement I got out of the car to get the traditional harrier butt shot. This time he decided to circle my car five times.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D

DW Brewer

Congrats on the capture. I've chased that same bird more than once without yet getting a decent image!

I got one!

I knew I had one in my unprocessed pile, albeit underexposed. NX2 to the rescue. My first half-decent harrier.

M

mattcham

Beautiful captures Harry!
I was at Viera last week and saw this bird once. I relived your past experience, I got only butt shots.
Out of focus too as he was flying low and the background foliage tricked the AF.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got one!

I knew I had one in my unprocessed pile, albeit underexposed. NX2 to the rescue. My first half-decent harrier.

Congrats Alex

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom