Norway

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

a truly stunning country (taken on our recent cruise)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Beautiful images!

I know I'm replying to an old thread. We're planning on Norway this summer and I'm doing some research (equipment to bring). I have it mostly narrowed down. Did you do any RIB (aka "Ridgid Inflatable Raft") tours, or Norway in a Nutshell? Just curious about crowds in the summer and whether I would have time to swap lenses or if an all-in-one makes sense for certain portions of the trip (the mentioned boat tour, trains, buses, fjord cruises). I imagine the slower fjord cruise boats it would be practical to make some lens changes.

I concern myself too much with these things. I should probably just enjoy the scenery and get images I can with whatever lens happens to be mounted.

I see this is an old thread, but somehow I missed it. Those are beautiful scenes and reinforce my desire to visit Norway.

Beautiful images!

I know I'm replying to an old thread. We're planning on Norway this summer and I'm doing some research (equipment to bring). I have it mostly narrowed down. Did you do any RIB (aka "Ridgid Inflatable Raft") tours, or Norway in a Nutshell? Just curious about crowds in the summer and whether I would have time to swap lenses or if an all-in-one makes sense for certain portions of the trip (the mentioned boat tour, trains, buses, fjord cruises). I imagine the slower fjord cruise boats it would be practical to make some lens changes.

I concern myself too much with these things. I should probably just enjoy the scenery and get images I can with whatever lens happens to be mounted.
My solution to the lens-swapping question is to carry two camera bodies with different lenses mounted. For example, I carry my D7200 with 16-80 and D5500 with 70-300. The D5500 is very small and light and has the same IQ as the D7200 (i.e. excellent).

Added in edit:

I think the new Z50 with its kit lenses would be an excellent combo for travel, especially with a Z50 body for each lens.

Last edited:
Beautiful images!

I went to Norway last summer(2019) and mainly stayed up north inside the Artic Circle and it was not crowded at all. Further south e.g. Bergen was more busy but still not very crowded so I don't think you'll have much problem. I use the 24-70 on the Z7 most of the time.

My solution to the lens-swapping question is to carry two camera bodies with different lenses mounted. For example, I carry my D7200 with 16-80 and D5500 with 70-300. The D5500 is very small and light and has the same IQ as the D7200 (i.e. excellent).

Added in edit:

I think the new Z50 with its kit lenses would be an excellent combo for travel, especially with a Z50 body for each lens.
Z50... I had never thought about this camera before, but now am seriously considering that as a second body with one of the kit lenses. Thanks for the idea!

I went to Norway last summer(2019) and mainly stayed up north inside the Artic Circle and it was not crowded at all. Further south e.g. Bergen was more busy but still not very crowded so I don't think you'll have much problem. I use the 24-70 on the Z7 most of the time.
Great information, thanks Phil!

Real Name
Randy
Z50... I had never thought about this camera before, but now am seriously considering that as a second body with one of the kit lenses. Thanks for the idea!

Great information, thanks Phil!
I tried a z50 on Nikon's yellow pgm and although I liked the image quality I didn't like the EVF, I'm just too used to an OVF. The grip is very well designed and the camera feels good in your hand. If Nikon comes out with some dx s glass I might revisit it....

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom