Not a nice way to treat a camera

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xrdbear, Sep 11, 2008.

1. While Paparazzi can go beyond boundaries from time to time, Mr. West and his bodyguard's behavior is deplorable. Hopefully they will not get away with this type of behavior, despite the fact that Mr. West is some type of celebrity.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2008
  2. There's some anger management issues there....I hope the photographers were compensated for their gear. That was a nasty sound...

Cheers

Ted:smile:

3. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    I view the Paparazzi as the rats of the photography world, but I don't think it warrants broken gear.

4. i agree. they can be a pain in the butt some times but still... come on. control. your self.

5. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Oooo that hurt my heart. Yikes...the sound was horrible. :frown:

6. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    I guess I will just go on the record and say that Kanye West is an idiot.

7. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Well, Kayne West is known to be kinda "rough" with fans and paparazzi

8. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    Where does it say paparazzi? It just says photographer. Could have just been an excited fan who happens to be a hobbiest as we are, and there are no shortage of people on this forum who walk around with close to $10k in photo gear!

But at $10k for a single smash, must have been an 1dMKIII with a very nice 2.8 zoom... or the number is slightly exagerated.

9. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Well if it is a fan, I think it's far worse! Usually fans don't get aggressive enough to get an artist/whatever to attack their gear.

10. That sound......oh my..... It looks like it was 2 cameras and lenses? 2 different smashing sounds?

11. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Reports early in the day referred to the guy as a commercial photographer, but now everything says he was a paparazzo. No matter, there's just no call for that kind of behavior. If someone smashed my camera I'd be trying to do the same thing to his head.

12. I can't agree more... if I was the photog/paparazzi I would be so ****ed about teh camera & sue for damages to replace/repair the camera. West had no right to lash out in such a physical manner...

13. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    It was paparazzi.

See this link: http://www.knbc.com/entertainment/17447333/detail.html

14. Gee, Kanye West, not surprised.

(Katrina Spoof)
    "Kanye West hates photographers"

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2008
  15. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    This is what makes me hate Kanye.

I agree with Pete, I think the number might have been a little exaggerated.

16. Depending on the celebrity, different tactics are required for shooting. With Kanye, I would of shot him with the D3 and 70-200 VR. That's particular terminal has lots of good lighting. Very easy to shoot with no flash. Even if he did try coming up to me, I'd be too far for him to get me. Plus if I was in that situation, he'd be feeling the blunt force of a projectile titanium-magnesium camera body and lens being propelled to his head! I'd rather sacrifice my camera to put that guy in his place! :mad: 

17. Yeah, those guys are scum bags and need to get a life! I bet they lack any photography skill. :biggrin::cool: :rolleyes: :Teeth:

18. Agreed...

19. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    ^^^is right on that point

but people still need to repsect hte gear. isay we take all the papartzis cameras and redistribute them all thruthe forum here as well as all their glass. give it a good home

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.