Not a single D1H Thread

I'd like one...

I tried searching for it but the search software filtered out the term (too short). Grr.

I use a D1H and LOVE it! It's my all time favorite Nikon body. I use it for sports, nature and well everything. I have a D1X also and a D1 (have the whole famiy), but prefer the D1H.

Lisa

C

chinesestunna

I see them for sale popping up for about $400-500ish - what's the advantage vs. D200? Deeper buffer yes, what else?

My D1H turns my AF lenses noticably faster than my D200. It also seems to track the action better, perhaps due to the Multi-cam 1300 module. Its smaller 2-3 MB files are a joy to work with compared to my 8-9 MB D200 files. Of course, the resolution is a fraction of what the D200 has. I'd also say the D1H has less noise at high iso, than the D200.

I still use mine despite having more modern Nikon bodies. Image quality is still competitive IMO. Only significant downside is battery performance. You just need to carry several. (Normally three when I shoot with it)

I loved my D1h, but eventually the battery issues drove me nuts and I got a D2hs. I've never used a D200 but I'll bet the D1h AF, FPS, buffer, and hi ISO are all as good or better than a D200. If someone would make a Li-ion battery for it it would be a killer camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave,
I get all kinds of weird "flashing" (see my post on "battery/card" problems here on forum) , and am in the market for some new batteries - ANYONE have any experience with 3rd party doing well?
smodak
I have all three of the D1 family, love the D1H, probably most of all, and much more than the D70, D70s, D50 I have.....they perform, but just aren't the same....
we ought to start an "Oldies but Goodies" fan club...
right Lisa?

ANYONE have any experience with 3rd party doing well?

I used to buy the cheap ones on Ebay. I didn't do any sceintific tests but they didn't seem any worse than Nikon. For sure Nikon wasn't 3 times better, which was the price differential at the time as I recall.

Trying to sell my D1H -see for sale forum. I haven't used a D200 and can't believe a 1H still focuses faster than a 200. Really? How would it stack up against a 30D say at shooting autoracing?

C Reinhardt, I bet I'll regret not buying your D1H, but I must resist.

Ditto, let me know how you like those Battery Barn batteries. I'm in need of some new juice and I might just buy those too.

Lisa

I haven't used a D200 and can't believe a 1H still focuses faster than a 200. Really? How would it stack up against a 30D say at shooting autoracing?

Well the D1h has more auto-focus points than a D200, 1300 vs 1000 and more "cross" sensors - 3 vs 1. It also has a more powerful motor for turning "screwdriver" type lenses. I've never used a D200 either but I can't recall anyone saying the AF was better than a D1 class camera, although I've heard many say the opposite. Can't help with the camparison to Canon either.

Ditto...it takes quite some time to refresh. You also need to do it 3 times to initially condition them. Let me know how long the new 2700mAh batteries last.

Latest threads

Top Bottom