not exciting...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, Apr 11, 2005.

1. but its been 6 weeks since Ive picked up the camera so your going to have to bare with me :D Ice is actually starting to melt, spring is coming, life is good!

Seagals are boring, but damn hard to nail exposure
    original.

then get exposure agains sky...ughh
    original.

liked this shot, with the reflection

snuck up on them on the river bank, he didnt like that.....

This was b4 I snuck up on him, still a little wet to be crawling

original. [/list]

Still alot of ice cubes left to melt, it kills me to watch you guys shooting open water, what for 3 months already!! :cry:

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Keith,

I don't find gulls boring at all, especially ones this good. All of these are good shots actually. I like both the shots and the accompanying commentary.

BTW, in North Alabama, the water has been liquid for about, uh , forever. :lol:

Regards,

Frank

3. Nice shots Keith!! The seagull picture is my fav. Nice detail!! :) :) :) :)

4. What a nice job you have done on every one of these image. Colors and detail are great.

5. hi frank

thanks for the nice comments............as far as water never freezing in Alabama :evil: :evil: :evil: You dont play nice!!!! LOL

6. Hey Dawg, who would have thought that with seagals?? LOL...........thanks for taking the time to comment, appreciated!

Keith

7. Gordon, always nice to hear from you. Appreciate the kind comments and your willingness to always take the time to comment. thank you!!!

Keith

8. Well, you know Keith, that here in Seattle many folks don't find the Seagals boring at all, especially during football season, as they are the Seattle Seahawks Cheerleaders :wink: .

Great job on the exposure, and you are right, it is tough. On the last shot, is that a very religious bird? Walking on the water? I stay away from the parts of Washington where the rivers freeze, if I can :lol: .

9. Hi Bill.......

Learned something new today, did not know the Seattle Seahawk cheerleaders were called the seagals, LOL......atleast their is something to watch on the field :wink:

if that is a religious bird, our whole bird community go to the same church. LOL......... another week or so and most of the rivers will be open, now for the lakes, well another month of so, saw people driving on the ice on the weekend icefishing, would catch me on there with it, always someone goes through every year :shock: and they seem surprised. LOL

thanks for commenting Bill, felt good to have the camera back in the ol'hands..........had to do too much thinking, ouch!

Keith

10. Fantastic colors great shots looks like the layoff hasn't affected you much hope the warm weather brings out more opportunities

11. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

12. Thanks Mike and Paul..........I may not have been shooting, but hasnt stopped me from shopping on the internet and filling my bag, thank god my bonus is just around the corner to pay it all off ;-)
    This is not a cheap hobby! LOL

13. Keith:

Great shots. I like the last one of the duck. It looks like he is walking on air, not the ice. And I share your pain....It has just got nice in Upstate New York. It has been agony looking at images of birds in water when all we have is ice.

Gil

14. Bill thanks for pointing that out. LOL...............YEP, I know know the difference. Peeked at your gallery, did you get a chance to see any of the game. LOL..............nice series Bill !

15. Hi Gil, finally someone that can share my pain. LOL..........thanks for taking the time to comment

Keith

16. Thanks, Keith, glad to see that the Cold Weather hasn't frozen all of your sensory equipment..... :wink: .

As to the game, that is actually the biggest disadvantage of being credentialed and on the field, at least for me. The 2 minute warning snuck up and I thought is was still the 1st half :lol: . OK, it's not quite that bad, but I do find myself losing track. It is a little better with the Everett Hawks games I am shooting as the Indoor Football field is only half as long so I am only half as tired from running back and forth. But it is tough to really follow the game. Maybe the guys who do this "for a real job" have picked up the ability to both watch for "the shot" and follow the game, but if they can, I am no where near that myself, and that is NOT because I am busy watching the Cheer Leaders or the Hooter's Girls at the Hawks game :wink: .

If you ever have the opportunity to be on the field for a pro event, don't hesitate, take the opportunity. You will be around some of the finest folks, at least I was, that I have met with a group of photographers. I can't say enough about how well I was treated. And I think I accomplished all my goals:

1. Don't look like I had no clue
    2. Don't get run over by some huge, hulking, sweaty NFL player(s)
    3. Get at least 1 shot I could be happy with

An added bonus was all the free food in the media room. I think that is the only reason a lot of the regulars do this. They don't have to eat for the rest of the week during the season :lol: :lol: :lol: