Not just a Windows screen saver anymore

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by fjp, Aug 28, 2005.

1. fjp

fjp

Mar 18, 2005
    I have invited people to receive the Photographer’s Screen Saver on this list before and a lot of people responded. While as a screen saver its basic operation remains the same, it has grown into more than just a screen saver and once again I invite people to ask for the enhanced version. What it has grown into is a tool for separating your images into different folder trees based on any criteria you want. It does this by allowing you to copy and move displayed images interactively into different folders as the screen saver is running.

To help you in this task, you can run the screen saver in a different mode, what I call “View Mode.” You start the screen saver in View Mode with the “View” button on the Settings dialog. This mode allows you to ignore the display interval you have specified by putting the screen saver in manual mode. In manual mode, to move to the next image you have to explicitly press an arrow key, or copy or move the image to another folder. Without the display interval moving to the next image automatically, you can take as much time as you want with each image, to decide what you want to do with it.

The built-in Help has also been extensively revised (it isn’t so wordy anymore!) and documents all the new features related to View Mode.

If you’d like an update to this latest version, or would like to receive the screen saver for the first time, simply ask for it through email at:

frankparis@comcast.net

Simply asking for it is the price of admission. You can get a preview of its capabilities from the following PBase album:

http://www.pbase.com/fjp/screen_saver_2005_04_apr_11