Not macro, green or flowers......

..... but a very large leaf. Please comment on ways to shoot this large leaf, I really liked the patterns but didnt really know what to do with it. Oh, it was brown (dead).

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 7055

StuSimmo said:
..... but a very large leaf. Please comment on ways to shoot this large leaf, I really liked the patterns but didnt really know what to do with it. Oh, it was brown (dead).
Hi Stuart!

I know what you mean. Actually I like both pics, first one for the color, second one for the tighter crop. Getting the entire leaf in the frame would probably result in a much less interesting view.
If you just wanted to emphasize the pattern, you did well.
The only problem is that the background is too sharp, which is a side effect of using a WA.
I would have tried to somehow throw the background out of focus, either by using a faster WA wide open or by use of a longer lens (if the situation allows to increase the shooting distance).
I guess the leaf was lying close to the ground, so lifting it a bit to increase the space between leaf and ground would have helped as well.

Another option would be to select the leaf in PS and replace the background but I don't know if this effect would be desirable for you.
Cheers

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom