Not much to share...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by daodang, Oct 19, 2005.

1. ... since it's rainy and dull for almost 2 weeks now. Global warming's consequence some friend said ....could I have a bit of sunshine please!!! :Angry: .

Encountered this girl or guy while trying to shoot some rainy autumn landscape. Luckily, she or he lets me the time to switch for the 70-200mm

2. You did well to shoot some at least, nicely done.

HOWEVER, sun as of tomorrow (can you say F-O-R-E !!!! :tongue: :tongue: ).
    Only a couple of weeks left of the golfing season...

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That deer is beautiful Dao. Wow .

I like the fence and red leaves as well.

4. Two great images Dao. Your doe needs to get together with my buck, they would make some handsome bambi's. :smile: :smile:

5. Very nice capture of the deer Dao, I envy the sort of wildlife encounters you have over there. But I guess we do get kangaroos down here instead ;-)

The fence composition is great too.

Regards,
    Jonathan

6. Dao Dang great pictures, the sun should be there this afternoon and all the weekend, but right now it's quite windy and the leaves are flying all around. I am just in from outside and it's quite cold.

7. Hi Dao,
    You're always welcome to come down here. Plenty of sunshine right now (and again once Wilma passes) ;).

I really like the first shot and keep going back to look at it. I'm not one to criticize but because I keep looking at it, I wonder what could be done to make it even better. I know the weathered wood is grey-blue but there seems to be a blue cast to other parts of the shot. It also makes me wonder what the shot would look like if the contrast and/or saturation were bumped a bit. I love shots of old weathered fences and that red weed/vine against the grey fence is very appealing. Just thinking out loud....

8. both are very nice Dao. The first has a real pleasing effect.

9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Wonderful job on that deer....It's a very nice shot.

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice series, Dao. The image of the wooden fence and foliage is quite nice. The deer was very tolerant of your presence...that is very rare. Nice shooting!

11. Frits and Gilles

Thanks for the kind words. For sure, I will fully take advantage of the incoming sunny days to go out shooting since the predicted weather will be rain for sunday and Whilma for next tuesday. I already say to my boss (the one in the office, not the one at home) that suddenly I feel very sick on friday :smile:

12. Thank you for the appreciations, my dear friend. Hope that Wilma will not get near Cocoa beach.

13. Thanks Gordon. Yes, handsome bambi's will be nice to shoot. :smile:

14. Jonathan and Frank

a great thanks for the appreciations. Those deers live in a provincial park besides a golf course. Since they have seen a lot of humans passing by and hunting is forbidden, generally they are not shiny. But youngsters like the one pictured tend to stay away from people.

15. Kevin, your critiques are always welcome. It was a heavily cloudy day. I figured setting WB on auto will be OK but it seems not. I will try to correct WB in Capture and bump up the contrast and saturation in PS to see what it will be. Appreciates your critiques a lot, my friend.

16. Leigh and Dave

A warm thank for your appreciations. Glad you like them.