Not one to brag....

gho

But what the heck.... D2h shot makes catalog cover:

www.marinedepot.com

Check out the little boxes on the right of the screen. Click the "Request a Catalog" box and you can download the cover (.pdf)

Marine depot is like the B&H Photo of the marine aquarium hobby (though they don't have a retail store).

gho

Chris101 said:
Brag on dude!!!! Woweee!

Catalog cover - pretty big time, and an excellent reef picture at that!
Congratulations Greg!
Sooo embarassing.... I feel so out of place, but since everyone else was doing it, I figured I might as well.

I dunno, it's not like a magazine cover shot or anything. They decided to do a calendar also, and it got a whole month for it (and I get credit for it there). Only made $50 off the image though, but it's the second image I've sold off my website! At this rate, the website may be self sustaining in, oh... 50 years?

hehe... Thanks Chris.

gho

Beezle said:
Very nice work. Congrats.

So do you keep marine aquariums? I did back in the pre reef filter days. Early to late 1980s.
Yeah, but mine's really small. My display is a 100 L (29 gal) tank, and my QT is a 200 L (55 gal). I also have 3 FW tanks.

My main display tank:

[click to make bigger]

[click to make bigger]

[click to make bigger]

[click to make bigger]

gho

Clivegriff said:
You now own the bragging rights to the entire forum. No question.

Congratulations.
hehe... Thanks.... It wasn't any contest or anything. I'm continually impressed with all the members hear that win all those POTD or even better those POTM, or unimaginable POTY contests.

Gregory,

That is wonderful. Congratulations.

So proud and happy for you.

Good going and keep up the good work.

Nice going Greg! Beautiful shot, and well deserved. Did they request you upsize it for them? Reason for asking, is that when I got the July page (& inside cover) of a not-for-profit org's wildlife calendar, they asked that I uprez my shot, (also convert it to CMYK).
I was so stoked about getting in the calendar, that when I was told I'd also receive a $100 prize, I told them to just send me another 10 calendars and they could keep the money! :biggrin:

Way to go Gregory. We don't mind a little bragging when it's well warranted. :wink:

You're not bragging Gregory, we are thrilled to share in your excitment. That is so cool...your image gracing the cover of a catalog. I could not be happier or more excited for you. Great job!!! :biggrin:

Beautiful image Gregory. That is an honor that your richly deserve as one of the best reef tank photographers I have ever known. Well done my friend.

gho

Gale said:
Gregory,

That is wonderful. Congratulations.

So proud and happy for you.

Good going and keep up the good work.
Thanks Gale. Wow, quite the congrats from everyone. Now if I can only find a way to make reef photography profitable I'll be all set :biggrin:

gho

Steve S said:
Nice going Greg! Beautiful shot, and well deserved. Did they request you upsize it for them? Reason for asking, is that when I got the July page (& inside cover) of a not-for-profit org's wildlife calendar, they asked that I uprez my shot, (also convert it to CMYK).
I was so stoked about getting in the calendar, that when I was told I'd also receive a $100 prize, I told them to just send me another 10 calendars and they could keep the money! :biggrin:
Actually, they told me which image they wanted, and I asked what size and dpi. I then uprezzed and converted to CMYK for them, as they stated it was going to print. I keep my processed images in TIFF or PSD form so that I can keep them in 16bit aRGB mode and minimize color loss between conversions.

I then hosted the image on my site for them to download (16bit TIFF).

I usually do the resizes, because when other people do them, they don't sharpen afterwards and use too high a compression and the image comes out looking terrible.

Congrats on the callendar. Did you post a thing in the forum? I mustve missed it, can you post the image for me to see?

gho

Flew said:
Way to go Gregory. We don't mind a little bragging when it's well warranted. :wink:
Hi Frank... Well, I don't know if mine's warranted or not. But I was bored and checking out fish stuff and saw it on their web site, so wham... Why not.

gho

eng45ine said:
You're not bragging Gregory, we are thrilled to share in your excitment. That is so cool...your image gracing the cover of a catalog. I could not be happier or more excited for you. Great job!!! :biggrin:
Thanks Frank. :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom