NOT PEOPLE BUT . . .

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Mar 25, 2005.

1. It's the next best thing, sculptures of them. I was at a street fair in St. George, Utah, this morning and here are a couple of my captures.

Smiley Face

Wood Sculpture

2. I like your pics very much Gordon. Interesting!! :) :) :)

3. Nicely done, Gordon! Great captures, nice composition, interesting pics.

Thanks for posting!

4. Hey thanks Bryan and David. We have this art fair every year and block off the street. It's kind of fun to go and look at other peoples art. Some of them get a little testy if you take a picture of it but I always manage to sneak a few in each year.

5. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Very nice composition Gordon, great lighting. Liked it.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hey Gordon - those really show off the art pieces - I'm surprised the artists aren't clammoring for prints instead of trying to keep you away! I know what you mean though, a fabric painter tried to stop me from shooting her art at one of those street fairs. I can't figure out why they wouldn't want better notariety. Maybe there's a lot of 'art design espionage.' :)

I especially like the 'gear head' face.

7. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    So very nice sir I think that one of the hardest things to do is street photography like this and the way you have used the available light is masterful.
    Richard

8. I appreciate your comments Obelix, Chris, and Richard. I usually have more fun taking images than I do buying anything. Chris, I too have always wondered why they get so uptight when you photography their work. Thanks for taking the time to look.