Not so sunny Cote D'azur

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Steved53, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Raining and very misty along the beach at Cannes, today. Taken from the "private" Hotel Martinez beach.

[​IMG]

2. CAJames

CAJames

Sep 6, 2006
    Lompoc, CA
    Nice shot. Just like "sunny" southern California this time of year.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I like this landscape.. Just enough foggy and just enough clear and color.

4. Thanks James,

It started really tipping it down whilst I was taking this set of photographs, so this was one of the last ones.

5. Thanks Gale,

I was a little worried about the colour and clarity of the shot. The histogram was pretty well just one straight vertical line. I don't come across that much around here.

6. I think the fog is effective. I find this challenging as well in my own photos, as I'm not usually happy with shots I take that have fog in them, feeling they are too fuzzy or muddy. But in your photos, the fog sets up a good mood.

7. Thanks Victor,

I'm normally too fussy with my equipment to take it out in bad weather! This time it got rained on and I didn't shove it under my coat like a little puppy!