Not sure about these...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Removed User 2, May 19, 2007.

1. I'm not sure about these 3 pics. Having a hard time deleting them, and yet I don't think the're keepers... So anyway, here they are. Why not...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ah! When I went to my favorite Sandwich place, there was this guy eating his Smoked Meat like a Pig. I can't blame him, I always order 3! They're that good!

[​IMG]

2. The last one's good. I do not care for the first two.

3. cellison

cellison

Mar 18, 2006
    Canada
    The second one is by far my favorite. It's a keeper in my opinion.

Chris

4. I'm with cellison, I like #2.

5. Not crazy about the 1st but I like the last two with #3 being my favorite.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Obviously to you they are all keepers, or you wouldn't have kept them. What criterion do you use to determine if a shot is good or not, because that last one is full of cool bits, and the second one looks dramatic. The first one, while lacking in some aspects when viewed against your body of work, does convey an emotion. Rejection?

7. i'm not sure about first photo. and i agree with any above who either like number three, number two, or three and two...keepers..

8. There's a mysterious lush (almost tactile) sense to number 2 that I find very visually appealing! Number 3 has that human interest element that is enjoyable to engage in as a viewer.

9. I kind of like the first - the division of the frame by the bench is so complete.

There's nothing but shadows and grass in the lower half, and the top is almost "fussy" in comparison - there's the figure, the fence - and none of the grass that makes up the lower part. I think there needs to be some tonal separation between the figure's head and the fence, and I'm not crazy about the brown tone, but other than that I think it stands out from the other two asa bold, graphic composition.

10. I like the first two because it is like finding old family prints in a trunk in the attic belonging to a long since gone relative... The third shows a slice of daily life. You wonder about what the "Alliga..r" store sells and what the person walking by is looking at.

11. gavin

gavin

Oct 21, 2006
    I really like the first and third ones.

As Chris said, they are keepers... if only because you kept them long enough to show them to us.

12. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

totally agree with John C regarding the first shot. I think its by far the stronger image compositionally. Maybe a little relief around the head as John said. I see four distinct plains, mirrored shadows in front of and in back of the guy on the bench. Adds to a feeling of isolation plus its just a fine composition in my world.

13. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

I like them all, but I think #2 is indeed a keeper.