Not sure about this one - opinions please.

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Luckynp, Jun 25, 2005.

1. I was goimg through some old shots and rediscovered this one. Taken from a vintage steam train doing no more than about 20 mph. I'm not sure what I was doing, but there's something about it I like. What do you think?

2. Quite an interesting shot!

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

It is interesting.. the only thing I don't like about it is that something needs to be sharp, either the background or something in the foreground. (IMHO)

4. JMartin

JMartin Guest

interesting...

I agree something should be sharp, but the shot does show a strong sense of speed, I like it!

The brown along the bottom pf the photo looks like leaves that were on the ground whiping past you.

Where is this vintage train ride? A guy I work with loves trains and he travels all over to ride them.

Joe

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    ZOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM

lol

6. It is the Blaenau Ffestiniog Railway which travels between Blaenau Ffestiniog and Porthmadoc in Wales. The website is here:
    http://www.festrail.co.uk/

A friend of mine had his 75th birthday recently, and his wife hired a whole train with lunch served at the halfway station and a jazz band in attendance.

7. The sense of speed is really good captured. I have also two shots from my D2X and the subject are sharp but you will see that the sense of speed is lower then in your shot. I like your shot and what some people say it would be nice to have something sharp in the image. Maybe you could have hanged out of the window but would not be so smart idea when the train goes so fast.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. fjp

fjp

Mar 18, 2005
    It's a picture that needs a story.