Not sure these are not manipulated......

....but they are enjoyable to look through. Let's say I am skeptical of most of them.

http://twistedsifter.com/2013/03/most-perfectly-timed-photos-ever/
I can vouch for #47, the chipmunk hamming it up. A local radio station interviewed the couple and they talked about how it happened. They had set the camera up for a self portrait and just before the timer ran out the chipmunk investigated the camera which focused and fired. If memory serves me it happened in the Banff National Park area-ish.
I can see a few of them set up with careful composition, maybe a couple flukes. Entertaining nonetheless.

I suspect these are a combination. Here is a thread about the Eagle and Contrails shot, #26:
Real or Fake

I have seen shots similar to the "bloom" on the jet, and I have images of my own that are similar to the "two-bodied-bird":
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It is sometimes quite difficult to tell, but others, hard to believe they didn't have some "help" along the way.

Neat pictures, though, I just wish people would be more honest.

Some look perfectly normal (but set up) and some look COMPLETELY fake to me. The swimmer looks fake to me as do the "fish" head and the man on the keel and the bird formation (both of them) and, unfortunately, the men under the surfer...
Some are VERY cleverly shot, I especially like the 2 with the cranes... good stuff.

The jet and conical "clouds" is for real. Given the right humidity and temperature conditions, this can be replicated easily just as the plane is breaking the sound barrier. Pilots know when it's happening and can adjust the throttle to keep these sonic cones relatively stable -- enough for several frames at a time.

but a lot of the other ones do look suspicious.

The jet and conical "clouds" is for real. Given the right humidity and temperature conditions, this can be replicated easily just as the plane is breaking the sound barrier. Pilots know when it's happening and can adjust the throttle to keep these sonic cones relatively stable -- enough for several frames at a time.

but a lot of the other ones do look suspicious.
I have a number of these "blooms" from the Blue Angels here at Seafair. None nearly as cool as this one, though.

Well 48 is real. You can get that shot in the Canyonlands, or at Window Rock Arizona which is what that one looks like. The one with the drain that looks like an eye was cool. Then there was the gull with the icecream cone, that one is a case of good timing. Those gulls can be quite aggressive when it comes to food.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom