Not sure where to post this, question about the new forum bits...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Retief, Sep 1, 2005.

1. If you go to your own profile, add yourself to your Buddy List and then add yourself to your Ignore List, can you then talk to yourself but nobody will listen? Is this guranteed to get a "hug-me coat" and a stay in a Rubber-Room? Does this then answer the age old "Tree in the Forest" question? Have I just gone over the edge? (you don't REALLY need to answer that one).....

Enquiring minds want to know, you know.......

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    We have a button for you Bill.

3. ROFLMAO!!!!

Too Much! I almost lost my milk!

Cheers,
    Robin

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Bill, I think the salty sea air is beginning to effect your brain function.

5. Yikes I think you may have put your self into an endless loop. :eek:

6. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Talk about a nested "if then" statement.

Who put drugs in Bills coffee?

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I know how overwhelmed you are about Shamu.. But I promise all is ok :>)))

Thanks to you and Bay for getting my "order" straight. Well hell I was close :>))

I tried :>))

I do love them all

8. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Thanks for the great laugh, Bill!!! I really needed it!!

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    DON!!!! Good to hear from you! I hope your daughter is OK!

10. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    This is for people that like to talk to themselves, but ignore their own advice.

Or maybe some people can't stand to see their own posts, kind of like hating to listen to a recording of you own voice, but silent.

11. Well, quite an array of responses, and unlike my norm I will comment on all in this single reply...

And what Button might that be, eh? :confused: If it might turn into something collectible that I can retire on, please send it along....

Thank you ever so much, Robin, glad I could make your day. But this IS a really serious topic, don't you know..... :wink:

You may have a point there, but at least it proves I still HAVE a brain function....

OK, guys, what the heck is this allusion to things of a computer/software nature? How unbelievably rude of you to inject something of a "real work" nature into this. Oh, and by the way, I don't drink coffee, I take my caffeine straight..... I think I am the only person in the Seattle area who DOESN'T drink coffee, my wife thinks it makes me strange.

Gale, I used to visit Shamu a lot when I lived in Southern California, and I sure am glad I could help you gain a better understanding of the Taxonomy of Whales, a most elusive and deep subject......

Don, you are very welcome. This is probably the only serious thing I will post in this thread, but I am REALLY happy to hear that your daughter is OK.

Now, here we go, FINALLY someone who realizes just how serious an issue this is, and treats it with the courtesy required. A cogent, relevant answer, thanks, Chris, but I still don't get this "War Eagle" stuff...... :confused: :wink:

And to all of you, keep looking at the absurb, questioning the obvious, and one day people may thing you are as strange as I am :wink: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

12. Bill,

To set up the User CP the way you want, first hit ALT-F4........just kidding.

LOL. Your post brought a much needed smile to me today.

13. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Glad to be of service :wink:

About the 'war eagle' stuff, see here

If that thread doesn't help, I give up. :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  14. Gee, just tried ALT-F4 and nothing happened, nothing at all. First I pressed ALT, then I let go and pressed F4. So, what's the big deal? Am I missing something here :confused: :confused: :wink:

Had a friend who bought a computer, this is way back in the day when Radio Shack was making a Unix box. He couldn't get it to work. Came and found me after a day of fishing and asked for help. I sat down, turned it on, and BINGO, had it working. The problem? It said Ctrl-Alt-Del, so he was pressing Ctrl, then Alt, then Del, and guess what? Nothing happened :smile:

15. Oh, yeah, that makes PERFECT sense :rolleyes: . Let's see, we have a team called the Tigers, who for some strange reason have an Eagle that hangs around, and they all yell War Eagle when they are called the Tigers, and even the sportscasters can't get it right. Well, all I can say is that I am proud to be a Trojan, Go Troy, 3 in a Row....... :wink: :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  16. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OMG

that is hillarious......

Scary part is , I think I understand it. hummmmm

Great writing Jacki :>)))

17. Bill, turn off computer. Pick up camera. Go outside. Make photographs - you've obviously been inside and playing on the 'puter farrrrr too much!

18. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

19. So, you think this has anything to do with Washington Weather?????

Don't you just love this stream of (un)concious stuff? What worries me is what all of the folks who DIDN't reply are thinking......hmmmm.....

And I am impressed that you actually read this whole darn thing, or maybe that shoudl be "concerned"...... :wink:

20. On THAT point, I'll agree. As to photo's, been doing a bit of that as well. 3 hours Friday night, opening of the High School Football season.....man I hate stadium lights.....