Not techincally a good photo

Discussion in 'People' started by biggstr6, Dec 15, 2005.

1. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    This is not a technially good shot but I like it . Shot my kids outside playing in the snow on the deck from inside the house with only the outside light on.

D2x iso800 HAndheld obviously, @ 1/25 sec @ 2.8

[​IMG]

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Oh that is a cool shot...
    I really like it too...

3. Has a surreal feel to it.

4. nfoto

nfoto Guest

On the contrary, I think it is a good picture and that the technicalities have been put to their intended use, viz. conveying the essence of the subject. Never confuse technical perfection with picture quality. Most technically perfect images are just that, form without content.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice image. Kids just blur our vision at times :>)) Doing what kids do best. :>))
    Thanks for sharing.

Howdy Boss, good to see ya :>))
    (Thats Warren for those who don't know.)

6. Great photo. The colours are great. The movement is adding to the mood. The blue in the background the red of the jacket work great together. Make more off these kind of shots!

7. I don't know about technical things, but this is a beautiful photo.

8. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Liked this shot!

9. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I agree with the others, this is very good and if it was perfectly sharp it just wouldn't be the same. The softness not only conveys motion but gives it a sort of dreamy/nostalgic feel. And as Vince said the colors in this image really give it impact.

10. Creative image Biggs. Well done.

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Technical/schmecnical!

This shot really works well - you see the wonder in your kid's face, the motion of trying to catch the snow - AND!! we get to see the actual snow falling. I don't know what kind of technical would not have needed to include those to be 'technically good'. Oh, and the primary colors are good too!

12. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thanl you guys for the comments . I like thte photo for the same reasons mentioned and also feel that sometimes technically correct images lack feeling & emotion.

If fact I thought of naming this thread "Show us some "RULE Breakers"
    that you like , and get everyone to post samples of times they broke the rules , either on purpose or otherwise, and it worked out.

RUles after all are only suggestions.

WHat do you think would that be a fun thread?