Not the Day of the Jackal (1 img) (warning, sensitive viewers)

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by bendheim, Nov 8, 2005.

1. I love the world of wild things, so I was really sad to see this South African Silver-backed Jackal a victim of the fast, undisciplined way that people drive in South Africa's rural areas, often well over the speed limits.

I'm also sad to see how we increasingly take over the habitats of our world's loving creatures, till one day, they will only be found in zoos.

[​IMG]
    Silver-Backed Jackal on the road to Bela-Bela, South Africa, 2005

2. disturbing reality Peter.
    Dave

3. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Same story everywhere. Only the name of the species differs. The adage "Speed Kills" is set in a broader scope here.

4. What a shame, I drive 110 miles every day to and from work you would be amazed at the amount of dead wildlife I see on a daily basis

5. Peter, everyone seems to think that the human race has evolved and progressed with both technology and engineering. However, images like this convey the reality of what we are doing and have actually done to the beautiful planet that we are fortunate to be living on.

Maybe one day we will all realise the beauty of nature in time before we all, in our rush for development, destroy it.

Once again a haunting image.
    We can only hope..................

Graeme