Not to start another rumor, but...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sypher, Jun 9, 2007.

1. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    I ran across this article on a D3 while surfing Engadget.
    Take it for what it is worth. I am happy with my d200:biggrin:

2. "Many of the reports are cropping up on the Nikon SLR message boards of Digital Photography Review."

LOL, I guess we better get our checkbooks out. :wink:

3. I just hope they are going to a larger sensor for that camera.

As whether or not they have one in the works? Of course they do. :biggrin:

I'll be happy to donate my 5D to charity once they finally catch up.

4. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    You know, at this point it's probably a good thing I don't already have the cash set aside for a D3x, because if I did I'd probably just go ahead and spend it on the new Mamiya digital MF system.

5. Can you buy that yet? Do you mean the ZD?

6. gaopa

gaopa

Jun 30, 2006
    NE Georgia
    While no one has a clue what will come from Nikon, nor when... it does seem reasonable that Nikon introduce a fast sports photographer camera to compete with Canon. Face it, the D2HS is pretty out of it now. Just my thought, Bill P.

7. JohnK

JohnK

Aug 6, 2006
    Pacific NW
    We know Sony is making the sensors, this article suggests a full frame Sony Alpha, if true there's probably going to be one for Nikon too.

8. Well, maybe. There does seem to be a persistent rumor about a 1.1 crop "general purpose" body as a replacement for both the Hs and Xs. Presumably, this gizmo would include a HSC feature like the Xs. I suppose that solution has some manufacturing advantages, but I'm at a loss to understand why Nikon would do that from a marketing perspective. I can't be the only person on the planet that wonders why I would buy a "near FF" camera that I would shoot in HSC mode 90% of the time. I'm sure the Nikon marketing folks are way smarter than I am, so I must simply be confused. :Dizzy:

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Don't get caught up in rumors, they only tend to frustrate those who are ready and waiting to purchase a new release. Nikon will release something when their timing is right....and it will be two things, real nice and real expensive. I'm hoping for a pro body designed for sports action, but my savings account is perfectly happy with my current D2H bodies. :redface:

10. Good advice Frank. The rumor mill seems to be warming up and, with it, the confusion level. I suppose all the speculation can be fun as long a one takes it with a grain of salt. :smile:

11. lbhs_rwb

lbhs_rwb

Oct 16, 2006
    Florida
    *sigh* I guess I'll volunteer to be that charity ;)

12. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Yes, it's supposed to be shipping any day now, someone on DPR posted some some feedback from a loaner they got from their distributor.

13. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    I couldn't agree more with you. My D2H is perfect for what I do. Now lens lust, that's another thing ... :biggrin:

14. Thanks, Bro...

15. KrysiaG

KrysiaG Guest

Ok, so it's June. I want to see this announcement!

16. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD
    I read elsewhere that Nikon's 90th anniversary is in July. I wouldn't be surprised if they were to announce some new products in relation to that.