Not Viera, not Kenya, not Juanita....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I can't even come close to matching the variety of great shots posted here this weekend, but you gotta shoot what you got right?

Here's some of the shots that I got this weekend. Hope that you aren't getting too sick of these guys. :rolleyes:

Big, pretty boy:
    [​IMG]

Got me a fingerling:
    [​IMG]

And a flip!!
    [​IMG]

And another: :tongue:
    [​IMG]

And another: :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Another?!?? :eek:
    [​IMG]

I got a few more, but you get the idea. :biggrin:

Thanks for looking.

2. Alright, alright, already.....I think these are fake. I mean look, his head barely moved position!!! :mad:

Well, even if it is staged, the shots are fantastic! :biggrin: :wink:

3. Nice series Frank.. :biggrin: ...really up close..!! Must have been that 300 f2.8 ??

4. I agree, either trained, or posed. I think I see fishline holding it all in place...:cool:

5. Nice series of shots, very sharp.

6. Frank, never get bored or sick watching these wonderful photos...

To tell you the truth, I find myself kinda worried when you don't post any, really...

I have developed a game... trying to identify if it's the same bird or not, and started giving names to them...

BTW, I think we should officially call it the Flew-Flip from now on... :wink:

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

8. Well done Frank.
    You must have been right on top of this guy.
    louie

9. Frank I always think you post the best GBH's ever and these are top notch. Wow, you must have been close. Did he share any with you? You have the flip mastered.

10. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Remember what you said to Harry, Frank ??

YOUR KILLING ME HERE!!

Outsanding work Frank, training a GBH to flip and then shooting him at the same time :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

11. Super images Frank. The flip has never been better and image #1 is superb.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    LOL@Flewwwwwwwww

Great images. Beautiful GBH....

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. I wish that I had a place like Viera to shoot every day, but this is about it for now. I'm really looking forward to Merritt III, and I'm still looking for one of the FL guys or gals to adopt me so I can shoot down there every day. :biggrin:

With regard to some of your comments, yes, this guy got close. He was so focused on the little fishes that he just kept getting closer and closer. I finally had to take the TC's off the 70-200VR and the 300 2.8. I was shooting 70mm and just barely could get the entire bird in the frame. :rolleyes:

Since you were all so nice, I'm going to post more. :wink:

14. lmao with all the comments, all truly deserved :biggrin: great series Frank!!!!! I see on one of the other threads using the better beamer, did you use it on these shots?? what do you think of it

15. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Keith,

I didn't have to use a flash for these shots because the weather was beautiful. I have used both the SB-800 and the BB at the dam under different conditions though. I find it to be very good when the light is poor, when the alternative is dull, high ISO, noisy shots. :rolleyes:

16. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Great shots Frank. Looks like you have them trained to flip on command. Where's the challenge in that????:tongue:

17. #1 is magic. Total killer shots Frank. Wow. So, no more whining and sniveling, okay. It just doesn't get any better!

Thanks very much for sharing!

18. WOW are these sharp and clear very very well done I need to hang out at that dam at least once with you.....

19. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Chris, Rory, and Mike.

Chris, I hear what you are saying, but it takes hours and hours, and a whole bucket of fish to get them trained. :biggrin:

Rory, Don't mean to whine, but when you see the other shots posted here, it's pretty hard not to get an inferiority complex. Guess I should be happy that I have this great place to shoot, huh? :rolleyes:

Mike, I would love to have you and every one of our Cafe birdie shooters come down and shoot with Chris, Greg, Patrick, and I at the dam. As a matter of fact, I think that Gordon may come down for a day on the way to Merritt III, to do just that. By that time, we should have the Eagles on the nest, right across the Tennessee river from where these shots were taken. You really need to stop by. :wink:

20. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hey Frank -
    Fuggetabout any apologies. These are magnificent images of one of the most beautiful birds anywhere. IMO GBHs are great for "portrait" shots, and you nailed these. And is that not a RR flip that I see there? Keep posting GBHs!

I don't know why I used bold italics or even added the sentence cuz I know you will.

Gordon