Not your usual portrait!!!!!

Discussion in 'People' started by RayGuselli, Dec 4, 2005.

1. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi

One of my shots from a recent Dickensian festival has been bugging me.

I could see a potential theme for the shot, which was simply of a character stood in the street, in a little village near where I live.

I had to make something from it - the pose was to good to lose.

I have looked at it a lot and come up with the theme by the picture - I think it fits!!!

All the best

Ray

I love my job!!!

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    roflmao..

The photo is perfect. Look at his look...lololol

Love my job..
    Thats great. Great work.

I all came together quite well.

Thanks for this...

This needs to be published somewhere.

3. Look Ray if the background is also shot by you.

And you edited to this fine piece of art/photography. Then i would say defeaneatly you NAILED IT!!!.

What a mood and what perfect postprocessing in this shot. The dark moody feel with the beam of light on the graves. The black border. It is all top work.

Like Gale said it needs to get published. I have the feeling that i am looking at a picture for a movie Ray's Harry Potter 5.

Great Great.
    Thank you for sharing this.

4. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Wow

This is an amazing composition. I don't think it gets any better than this one. It would be fun to see the original so we could get an idea of just how much you did to enhance this one.

5. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Terry and Vince

Glad you like it.

The background was not mine but I had to search and search for something appropriate.

However, it was not moody and I processed it to get that effect and then added the beam of light.

I am thinking of getting my own churchyard shot as there are a couple near me that are eerie and old.

Terri asked for the original shot of the man and I have posted here.

You can see that in my processed image I played with the lighting to his face making one the darker side and the other lighter where the light was supposed to be.

As you can see, the context/mood was completely different...just shows how the whole mood can be changed.

All the best

Ray

original

[​IMG]

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    RayGreat shot of the "undertaker" :>))
    Could not be better.
    Great DOF.

7. Very nice!!:cool: :cool:

8. Very creative, Ray, to start with the original and end up with that masterpiece!! Nicely done!!

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Do you know the man in the photo

I bet he would love a copy of your great photo. Thanks for posting the original. Your result is so amazing.

10. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    This is one of the best pictures of this type, or any other for that matter, that I've seen in a while. Very well done.
    Jarrell

11. Excellent work...your creativity really shines in this one....

Thanks for sharing

Bob

12. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Really - MANY THANKS

I am so pleased with the response to this in al forums posted.

You know, somehow I thought the shot looked "right" but was even afraid to post in case some may be offended by the subject matter.

However, I just want to say a bigh thank you to everyone for their very kind comments - really apreciated. As a relative newbie this has really encouraged me - thank you.

Very best wishes

Ray

13. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Ray,I like this mostly because the expression on the man's face is friendly while a darker world lurks behind it.It would make a great book cover for suspense novel.I also like that only one of his eyes is showing adding more intrique..Nice job!

14. Ray, the pic of the man itself is already good, but your PP'd version is absolutely phantastic. That's a work you should be proud of.

Cheers

15. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Jarrell and everyone else

Again

Just to say very many thanks for your kind words.

As a relative newbie I am really encouraged and will try to improve with the help and guidance given here.

Very many thanks and best wishes

Ray

16. Very nicely done - you are correct, the subject was just too good to let go to waste. You've turned a snap into a great image.
    Don

17. David B

David B Guest

Good job Ray. See you soon with lots of shots.

Best Regards

David

18. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Dave

Don't believe you're on a PC!!!!!

Last text was from Dar es Salaam - hope the jaunt across Africa is going well if you pick this up.

Looking forward to the pictures!

Very best wishes

Ray