Note from Canadian Rockies

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Pa, Sep 9, 2005.

1. As I posted a couple of weeks ago, my wife and I are on an extended trip through the Canadian Rockies. We are currently holed up in Kamloops, BC waiting out some nasty weather. So, with a little time and a good connection to the net, I thought I'd post a few "teasers". There will be many more when we return.

These are straight from the camera, no post-processing, shot in jpeg.
    Moraine lake:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Near Jasper, AB:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2005
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Pa,
    Those are truely gorgeous images..

WOW what a view.

thanks for sharing these.

3. These are beautifull landscape photo's. And you call them teasers! I think many would love to have such a photo on their wall. Beautifull work!

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

4. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Stunning shots. Wish I could shoot that well and not have to do any post.

Neil

5. Thanks for the nice comments, but you are giving me too much credit. The scenery and the camera are all it takes; I just push the button!

6. Those are very nice Pa.

7. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Pa much too humble, its your eye that composed the scene. All would look nice printed and displayed on the wall.
    Neil

8. Pa,

#2 is my favorite. Thanks for sharing !

9. Beautiful country and the images are great. Will be fun to see the others when you get back.

10. Beautiful scenery...hurry with the rest of the images please.

Bohdan

11. These are stunning and it brings back fond memories our our trip through the rockies last fall. It looks like fresh snow on Valley of 10 peaks at Lake Moraine.

12. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Fantastic love them all,excellent work

13. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Just joining the throng of oohs and aaahs - really lovely work Pa. It's more than "just pushing the button" - you have to know which button and when....... :biggrin:

14. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Simply beautiful images. Thanks for posting

Regards

RFC

15. Stunning...no other way to describe them...just absolutely stunning! :biggrin:

16. Thanks to all for your kind comments. But I have to say, with scenery like that it's hard not to get good pictures. If you haven't been to the Canadian Rockies, put it on your list!

We're on our way home now, so I'll be posting a few more soon.

17. these are great and I have been wondering how it has been going for you. looking forward to many more. Great work!

18. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    The last shot is out of the world. IMHO, you should push the contrast a wee bit, they would be even more better.

19. Wow, Pa! Veeeery nice indeed! That second shot is splendid. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I am sure you had a great vacation. Hurry up and post some more. :wink:

20. Nice series Pa, got to luv Morraine Lake! Cant figure out #3? Look forward to seeing more ;-)