1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nothing fancy today

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hillrg, Dec 8, 2005.

1. I nipped out at lunch to the lake beside where I work. It was overcast - there were Mallards, saw a Kingfisher, Cormorants, Big Mergansers, Hooded Mergansers, Pigeons, Gulls and a Blue Heron - all very far away except these. Still, it was better than working through lunch...

View attachment 20680

View attachment 20681

As usual these days, all shot 500mm handheld (f/4.8 ISO 400)

2. Rory...the first duck is my favorite. I like how it reflects into the water and the close crop is something that just stands out to me. They are all very good. Fine job.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Rory,

Anytime you get a close-up of a Kingfisher it's a good day. Nice shots. :smile:

I do have a question though. Why were you hand holding your bazooka?

4. Well, it was not the bazooka - I was shooting with the 300 + 1.7. I really enjoy the freedom this combo gives me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.