1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nothing to see here. Thanks Apple!

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Sorry, we'll just have to forget it until Apple gets its doo doo together and gets me.com working properly.

Fuji Neopan 400 in D76 1:1

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2008
  2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Links are dead for me, sorry Ray

3. Should be okay now!

4. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    still dead links....

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Me.com. Grrrr.

I still use the old homepage.mac.com address and they work fine. Cause I can't see these either. (as posted they do not end in .jpg, which is a requirement.)

6. You got it. If I had known what mac.com was going to turn into I would never have renewed last month. If I could cancel my subscription I would.

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
  8. Apple really botched this transition. Doesn't help me convince my IT guys that they should support Exchange on the iPhone...:frown:

9. As much as I love my Apple products, I do think that Apple should have handled things a bit differently and NOT tried to release so many new things all at once. It's not surprising that there were glitches! I THINK MobileMe is working OK now, at least I haven't had any difficulties in making a few changes in my calendar and contacts list and seeing them correctly appear in my iPhone or my computers....... I also experimented with sending a couple of images from my iPhone to the gallery and that worked fine as well. I use SmugMug or Zenfolio for any images that I'm sharing on forums so don't know how well that works with MobileMe...... I do think the new name is silly and I wish they'd just left it alone. I was perfectly happy with mac.com and it looks so dumb to have me.com!!!

10. Chris, have you tried adding any new images to your homepage? Ain't gonna happen my friend unless I'm missing something.:frown:

11. Connie, it's the inability to file share with other forums that I'm raging about. The addresses that they use for images don't end in .jpg which kind of defeats the purpose of using the galleries on me.com. Also, if I link to a gallery it shows all of the galleries which I don't want to do. And I have a problem with the implicit self-absorption in the name me.com. I'm seriously considering calling Apple tomorrow to inquire if I can cancel my subscription.

12. Yeah I'm not liking that new name at all.

Ray, if you would like some images hosted, I would be happy to put them on my hosted site for you. I never use more than a few percent of the allocated storage or bandwidth there.

Just email them to me.

13. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    And to think that I haven't used Apple's site because I kept screwing it up and finally gave up and used flickr. I'll wait till the dust settles and then decide what to do.

14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
  15. Okay Chris, how did you do it. I must be missing something!!!

16. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I've never used Apple's software for websites. I just open the iDisk on my desktop, and put my stuff in the Sites folder. Then I use the address 'homepage.mac.com/cheilman1' (or whatever your own username is) to get at the folders inside the Sites directory.

The site went down for six hours while the ME stuff went online, but other than that, I have not noticed any change in the way I use it. Say, didn't Microsoft use the 'ME' name at one point. And wasn't it widely rejected?

17. I have got to get me one of those low maintenance haircuts!

Seems like Chris is saying you just skip the album thing and use storage directly.

18. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yes. On both accounts. My instructions to the barber are always "Cut it so I won't have to comb it for a few weeks." Once my hair begins to show signs of needing to be brushed or combed, it's time for another one. I don't even own a hair brush, but there is a comb around here somewhere.

As for using iDisk as storage, I do not like the Apple album look. Too, um, 'canned' looking, if that makes sense. I do use Photoshop's web gallery though. I have created one called 'mySimple' and it makes albums like this:

http://homepage.mac.com/cheilman1/disneyhall3X3/

19. I prefer when I can just let my hair have its own way. My worst problem is I have too much of it, and it grows like a weed.

I have been trying every gallery there is in the last several years. These days I am mostly using Pixelpost and iWeb. I use iWeb to publish to a folder then place that on the hosted site.

I never use the canned gallery thing except for work stuff since you know I work on the primary app that pushes photos there.

I don't mind the Pshop stuff and have used that too. What I have wanted is one that is easier to add photos to, yet is utterly under my control look wise. Need to do this myself I think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.