Notre Dame Church in Montreal

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by royk, Aug 19, 2005.

1. royk

royk

May 24, 2005
    Houston, TX/USA
    These were taken during a recent vacation in Montreal. Too bad I didn't have my tripod with me, so I had to use ISO 800.
    notredame1.
    notredame2.

Roy

2. These images show some nice perspectives. What WA did you use ? A little tough on the sharpness, but still pleasing shots.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful images.

Look a tad over saturated here. But don't believe my monitor.

You might try a bit of reverse USM starting with 30 amount and 60 radius, up or down to pull it out a bit. If you have PS. PSP might have something similar. I know it has clarify you could run a few times on it as well. But haven't got it loaded right now. I have an Image i need to use that on..

Worth a keeper for sure.

Thank you for sharing such Beauty.

4. Certainly a lot of intricate work in that chapel. I was faced with the no tripod syndrome all over Italy but made do by using pillars and benches to brace my camera against. Thanks for sharing this beautiful image.

5. royk

royk

May 24, 2005
    Houston, TX/USA
    Thank you much for the comments.
    I'll give the reverse USM a try. That's a helpful tip, I've never tried that before.
    I was using 17-55 lens, at 1/15 F.2.8, so there might also be some camera shake. It was extremely dark in there.

Roy

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Since you have PS try a tad of shadow highlights as well just to see what it might do.

Might not help the dark spots but doesnt hurt to try.

I also think a large shot of it is probable fantastic.

Net is terrible to really judge.