NOVA Cafe mini get together at Huntley Meadows

Rich Gibson, Mark from Vienna and I finally met for some bird photography at a local wildlife refuge. Connie, hopefully you can come next time. We are going to try again in a few weeks and hopefully we can do something like this in the local area a few times a month.

The water level at Huntley Meadows marsh was very low due to a lack of rain, and the birds were a little scarce. We did see a few GBH flyby's at a distance and a Great Egret turned up but a little too far away for a good shot. My highlights are below. Hopefully Rich and Mark did a little better than I did. It was a nice morning with great company and I'm looking forward to doing it again.

The Red-winged Blackbirds were plentiful and fun to shoot.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 95058

The best moment for me was the pair of baby Canadian Geese.
View attachment 95059

View attachment 95060

Mark and I then went to Belle Haven Marina to see the Osprey nest.

On the way to lunch
View attachment 95061

View attachment 95062

This is a table for one buddy
View attachment 95063

That was yummy
View attachment 95064

I *love* that gosling walking at the camera!! That is totally an "awwwww!" shot! :biggrin: Look at those big ol' feet, poor guy....he's got some growin' to do!

I *love* that gosling walking at the camera!! That is totally an "awwwww!" shot! :biggrin: Look at those big ol' feet, poor guy....he's got some growin' to do!
Thanks Gretchen. It was very fun to watch and a very nice surprise. We had packed up and were walking out of the marsh when we ran into the pair. We set back up when we saw them :biggrin:.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom