Now...Back to the old bat Channel

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Desert Rat, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Well here we go again, Same time same batchannel.
    A panorama from the High Sierra. Shot of Tenaya Lake in Yosemite National Park.

Tried something different.. I got a hold of a copy of PTGui and ran it along with Panorama Factory on the same image. Sorry only posted the shot from PTGui. It seems that for certain images PTGui does a bit better on lining up the images... Panorama Factory is by far faster on the stitch process though..

This consists of a 12 image stitch

Original file size was 12539x4054

original.

2. Wonderful pano, Eric. See - quicker is not necessarily better! :wink: I found PTGui was better for solving the ghosting problem, was more intuitive in lining up the shots, and seemed to me to produce a sweeter image. I re-did ALL my panos going back to '99 with PTGui and was amazed with some of the results.

Beautiful image!

3. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Great shot - actually shots Eric!

4. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Eric,
    It's a great shot, but have you tried the photomerge in PSCS3. It's really very effective.
    Mike

5. Thanks Sandi...
    Thanks.. Nope don't have CS3 yet....

6. slappomatt

slappomatt

May 13, 2006
    San Diego CA
    what is the general consensus on autostich? its the only thing i have used and im fairly happy with what its done. (hope im not hijacking)

7. I use autostitch because I'm lazy ;-) This photo is really nice.