Now entering the Blogosphere!

Real Name
John DeSanto
My newspaper asked me to start a Photo Blog online where I would give readers photo tips and tricks. I'm starting off with very basic definitions and trying to keep things light and simple.

I'd certainly appreciated any input you have on the blog, which you can find here

Very nice John! Welcome to the blogosphere! I have been blogging almost daily for almost three years now (though not about photography). A few months ago I started to include a photo of the day (all my work of course).

I looked over yours. Looks nice. Now go get it publicized. Try Technorati, Feedburner, etc.

Subscribed!

[Update] Added a blog post to get you started with whatever little Technorati "Authority" I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool John! I am a big blog proponent (although I don't update mine nearly as often as I should.) I have found that the best way to popularize your blog is to link to other blogs as often as you can, and to comment on other blogs too.

This puts your blog in font of other bloggers who can then point to you, directing their traffic to you. Another is to have clear well titled pages about well defined subjects. You can accomplish this by being sure your blog has article level permalinks to which other blogs can point. Google will also pick-up on this and soon your blog's posts will be findable with a Google search for the subject. This will turn out to be a lot more traffic for your blog than Technorati or other blog-indexing services.

Real Name
John DeSanto
Thanks Chris

for the information. Our web department handles most of the technical stuff here but I'm going to show them your suggestions and see what they say.

Thanks again!

Real Name
John DeSanto
Thanks Alex

I appreciate the information and the blog post!

John

Very nice John! Welcome to the blogosphere! I have been blogging almost daily for almost three years now (though not about photography). A few months ago I started to include a photo of the day (all my work of course).

I looked over yours. Looks nice. Now go get it publicized. Try Technorati, Feedburner, etc.

Subscribed!

[Update] Added a blog post to get you started with whatever little Technorati "Authority" I have.

Great read John. Left me wanting more. I love reading how-to and tip postings from different perspectives always gain a little bit whenever I do.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Great Job John,

Great minds must also think alike, at my workshop this past Sunday, I nearly followed your intro material subject by subject.

My order was:

Film vs Digital what is the diff? (CCD definition)
P&S vs DSLR Equipment myths (brand wars)
The Megapixel Myth
Aperture
f/stop
Shutter speeds
ISO and its affect
shooting modes - meaning shooting with adjustments to the above.
Light and the good shooting times - being there
Principals and elements of Design (a brief discussion of them including the rule of thirds)
Group anlaysis of some sample photos,
Wildlife/nature photography ground rules
copyright - a reminder
File management in the digital age
Have an identity for yourself.

All done in two hours so the info is about as short as each of your blogs. Almost seemed as I was reading it that you were at my workshop!

I had a slide show showing examples of a lot of the above items, which worked out well.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Wade

Real Name
John DeSanto
Thanks Wade...

for your kind comments. You know, I'm probably going to have some guest photographers post comments down the road. Maybe you'd be interested?

Great Job John,

Great minds must also think alike, at my workshop this past Sunday, I nearly followed your intro material subject by subject.

My order was:

Film vs Digital what is the diff? (CCD definition)
P&S vs DSLR Equipment myths (brand wars)
The Megapixel Myth
Aperture
f/stop
Shutter speeds
ISO and its affect
shooting modes - meaning shooting with adjustments to the above.
Light and the good shooting times - being there
Principals and elements of Design (a brief discussion of them including the rule of thirds)
Group anlaysis of some sample photos,
Wildlife/nature photography ground rules
copyright - a reminder
File management in the digital age
Have an identity for yourself.

All done in two hours so the info is about as short as each of your blogs. Almost seemed as I was reading it that you were at my workshop!

I had a slide show showing examples of a lot of the above items, which worked out well.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Wade

Real Name
John DeSanto
Thanks Doug...

Coming from you, that's high praise indeed!

Hi John....

I just saw this and gave it a read. It was informative but yet light.... (well done)

now I know were to go when I need shooting advise... and that is (all the time)

Well done

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom