Now I know Why You Don't Bite Your Nails

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by audu67, Jul 8, 2008.

1. audu67

audu67

Jan 14, 2008
    Decatur, Alabama
    "Cody, your pitches really act weird with your new grip. Will your fingernails hold up another inning?"

[​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Ha Ha.....neat caption. When I view this image, all I can think is that each of these kids should have this print. Thirty years from today when they are working their tails off, they would view this image and remember great days from the past. Nice shooting Donald.

3. Great photo, love the DOF. Everyone has a D3! haha, what lens did you capture this with?

4. audu67

audu67

Jan 14, 2008
    Decatur, Alabama
    I was using the 80-200.

5. audu67

audu67

Jan 14, 2008
    Decatur, Alabama
    Thanks Frank. I'll make sure both young men get a copy to remember this season by. They are great kids and will be playing many more years with my grandson.

6. stevensg22

stevensg22 Guest

Great shot! and I love the caption. Ah...how that takes me back to the days of little league in the summer.

7. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Fantastic. Brings back great memories of youthful baseball days. Your shots are a serious advertisement for the D3! Nothing I've ever shot looks this good!

8. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Did Phil and/or Joe Niekro retire to Alabama? Nice shot, great caption!

9. audu67

audu67

Jan 14, 2008
    Decatur, Alabama
    Thanks. As Frank suggested - I'll make sure they have a copy to "take them back" a few years from now.

Thanks. I don't do the D3 justice. They're some Cafe members who post sports photos on this forum that are truly gifted and set a standard for the rest of us to work toward. Frank, above, is one of those. He, and others, post shots that just blow me away.

10. audu67

audu67

Jan 14, 2008
    Decatur, Alabama
    I don't believe even the Niekros ever achieved a knuckle-ball grip to rival Cody's finger-tip "pinch" grip.:biggrin: Every once in a while I guess you take a shot that makes you come up with a caption to fit the unusual. This was one of those shots.

Thanks Tim. Your comments mean a lot to me. You're one of the photographers on this board that I try to emulate.

11. That is a great shot Donald. Love the caption. Well done!