1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Now I remember why I don't update my site....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Jul 8, 2008.

1. My poor old mind (what there is) can now remember why I very seldom update my website...

Because it is to much work!!!

In this case, I had no choice as my (old site) died and I was forced to create a new one. Please understand this is still at the beginning stages, but I think I've got enough put together to give you an idea as to where I'm headed.

Because I built this on a Mac.... if any of you PC folks see any issue please let me know as I don't know how it will work. The site seems to be working fine but it loading a little slower than I would like. Mind you I'll fix that on my next update.

http://www.dougbarberphotography.com/index.html

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and input

Cheers
    Doug

2. Bill N

Bill N Guest

Very cool, Doug! At first I couldn't get anything to load but I am running FoxFire and had Adblock turned on. Disabled that and it reloaded fine with my pc running FF. The arrow keys worked fine for moving around too. Looks like you are off to a great start! Regards, Bill

3. Bill N

Bill N Guest

Forgot to add, loaded fast with a cable connection...

4. Okay bill you have got me.... What arrow keys?

5. Hey Doug -

The new site looks and loads *beautifully* on my ancient PowerBook G4 at home.

If that is your layout work, then you might be nearly as good at web design as you are at "somewhat northern latitude* photography - lol.

Eric

6. Hi Doug,

It looks great!

It loads right away, I'm on a Powerbook G4 with a 1.5 MB DSL connection.

I really like some of the new photos you added to the Arctic book.

Bob & Nan

7. Bill N

Bill N Guest

Doug,
    If you hang the cursor over an enlarged photo you can use your arrow keys to bring a new photo into the enlarged mode.

Does that make any sense?

8. Bill N

Bill N Guest

I mean the arrow keys on my pc keyboard...

Edit to add, on the main page, not once you are in the galleries. Sorry!

9. It looks great to me and I am running it in IE7 on Vista.

You may hate me for this, but I might suggest putting a little blurb telling people that they need to click on the image a second time to get it to go back to a thumbnail. I clicked on a couple and I scared myself! :wink:

10. Looks great to me too on both my PC running Firefox v3 and on my Macbook Pro running the newest Safari. I'm quite impressed!

11. Cool Bill, I did not know it would do that.... cool!

Thanks for your imput and help

Cheers
    Doug

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.