Now I remember why I don't update my site....

My poor old mind (what there is) can now remember why I very seldom update my website...

Because it is to much work!!!

In this case, I had no choice as my (old site) died and I was forced to create a new one. Please understand this is still at the beginning stages, but I think I've got enough put together to give you an idea as to where I'm headed.

Because I built this on a Mac.... if any of you PC folks see any issue please let me know as I don't know how it will work. The site seems to be working fine but it loading a little slower than I would like. Mind you I'll fix that on my next update.

http://www.dougbarberphotography.com/index.html

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and input

Cheers
Doug

B

Bill N

Very cool, Doug! At first I couldn't get anything to load but I am running FoxFire and had Adblock turned on. Disabled that and it reloaded fine with my pc running FF. The arrow keys worked fine for moving around too. Looks like you are off to a great start! Regards, Bill

Hey Doug -

The new site looks and loads *beautifully* on my ancient PowerBook G4 at home.

If that is your layout work, then you might be nearly as good at web design as you are at "somewhat northern latitude* photography - lol.

Eric

Hi Doug,

It looks great!

It loads right away, I'm on a Powerbook G4 with a 1.5 MB DSL connection.

I really like some of the new photos you added to the Arctic book.

Bob & Nan

B

Bill N

Doug,
If you hang the cursor over an enlarged photo you can use your arrow keys to bring a new photo into the enlarged mode.

Does that make any sense?

B

Bill N

I mean the arrow keys on my pc keyboard...

Edit to add, on the main page, not once you are in the galleries. Sorry!

It looks great to me and I am running it in IE7 on Vista.

You may hate me for this, but I might suggest putting a little blurb telling people that they need to click on the image a second time to get it to go back to a thumbnail. I clicked on a couple and I scared myself! :wink:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom