NOW READY: Topaz Adjust AI for macOS Big Sur/M1 & other newer systems

Today, Topaz Adjust AI joins the list of Topaz apps that include the new AI engine as well as the other engine fixes that DeNoise AI, Sharpen AI, and Gigapixel AI have gotten recently.

One of my samples is attached. More examples and info is here.

topazadjust.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That's interesting. I got the update email, removed old version per instruction downloaded and installed. The previous version appeared in the Applications folder, but nothing there after installing new version. All that seemed to be installed were three folders in the Library. Tried PS, nothing there for Adjust. I assumed M1 was the problem, as I didn't see anything on Topaz site announcement re. M1 support, just Big Sur, and it looked like M1 still not yet supported.

OK, no issues. I manually deleted the Adjust beta folder from Applications>Topaz Labs LLC, downloaded the new version, ran the installer, logged in, did my business.

The sample image is a fun render I did last night in Terraray, which the M1 chewed through very rapidly!

Topaz says: Change log:
  • Add new AI engine
  • Support for M1 Mac and Big Sur
  • Slight UI tweaks around app

topaz1.jpg

topaz2.jpg

I deleted app and files in Library, rebooted, redownloaded and installed. App installed, but won't launch (direct from app), just freezes and have to force quit. I contacted Topaz.

That's some weird stuff (and I'm a Mac tech in higher ed and I've seen lots of weird stuff!).

Try making a new admin user account and try again, let us know if it makes a difference.

Topaz looked at the "hang report" sent to Apple and which I copied and sent to them. Somehow, I had downloaded v 1.0.5, not 1.0.6 and thus not the new compatible version. I re-did the process, using the link in their reply, and everything is working as it should.

Strange how the version I downloaded yesterday from the Topaz website was the old version, and you can't see what the version you downloaded is unless/until it successfully launches and you can look at the "About.." dropdown. If it doesn't launch, as in my case, you can't tell.

Latest threads

Top Bottom