Now that we're on a roll . . .

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by DianeR, Dec 7, 2005.

1. :wink: here's an example of an action rather than the AHB that really gives you a 3-D feel of the brush strokes - it was done with Mike Finn's Paint Texture action. He's a true artist although he claims he's not but anyway here's the pic . . .

original.

I'm posting the original size on purpose so you can see the "depth". This may not be your cup of tea and it takes a certain image but it's another interesting alternative. :wink:

Here's his website - http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~mikefinn/action.html in case you're new to his stuff. He used to have free actions - haven't visited in a while but worth a look anyway.:smile:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Diane that is very beautiful. I like the fact it does not have the ever repeating strokes. Looks more natural. You chose good image and truned to a great painting.

thanks for sharing.

He still has free actions on the site. However not that one. He has that one and two others on a cd for 12.50. Still basically free :>))

3. GaryW

GaryW Guest

Hmmmm. Your lens may be a little soft.

4. Thanks for your comments, Gale. There are just so many ways to work with photos and it's fun to try as many techniques as you can - it's all a learning process. I think 2003 was the best year over at DPreview for talent who shared their skills with others - I tried to scarf it all up like a sponge!

5. Diane, this one is beautiful. A lot of news things that I want to try, but not enough time until after Christmas.

6. Really nice..:smile: I like the 3-D effect...looks almost like a pallet knife painting

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Diane, talking about a good year 2003, do you remember the one with feivel and the banana.
    OMG i laughed so hard I cried.

That bunch was just fantastic for sure. To many have dropped off. :<(((

8. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Diane

Absolutely lovely - I love this effect as well.

Although your AHB work is second to none this is another feel to the painting style you do.

Great work

Best wishes

Ray

9. Beautifully done, Diane! Thanks for showing us what the AHB can do in your hand!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera